Which Eclipse head unit?

Username: Perk

Post Number: 6
I'm not sure which unit to get I'm considering the 5444 and the 8454. Of these two, is the extra money worth it for the 8v output of the 8454? Are there any other reasons to get the 8454 over the 5444. Is there another older model I should be looking out for. I've seen an 8053 for $300, but it doesn't have MP3 playback. I'll be running an amp with 6.5 comps, rear mids, and a small subwoofer.

Thanks alot for any advice
Perk

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1387
I whould go with the Eclipse CD5444 as it has 5 volt preouts. It will work well with your application. YOu can find them on ebay for around $320.

Bronze Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 67
I just picked up a brand new CD5444, I was planning to get the new CD5455 but it just did not impress me like I thoguht it would. I actualy like the feel of last years unit better and it did not look as ricy, and seemed to open a bit nicer too. Although I do like more graphical LD's I think this unit looks like it means more buisness.

I mainly got it because they wre selling the demo unit for $275 and I talked them into selling me a brand new one for $244.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4016
If you aren't going to use PRO mode features (advanced time correction, Parametric equalizer, active crossovers, driver level control), then just get the 5444. No other big difference, and in a good install you won't really notice a difference between 5V and 8V. Saying you plan to run rear mids, you won't be using PRO mode anyway.

Username: Perk

Post Number: 9
Where are these units manufactured?

Bronze Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 70
CD5444 is just last years model, they are selling pretty quick at real good prices to make room for the new units in inventory. I belive Eclipse HU's are made in Japan by a reputable manufacturer, Fujitsu Ten.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us