Hey Jon, got another quick question for you!

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 108
Hey Jonathan, just to let you know I finally got the ID Max installed in the new box and all I can say is Wow-Wee!!! The sub sounds so much better than my Perfect and man does it hit low (I ended up going with about a 25Hz tune)! Anyway, my question is in regards to fusing my amp. When I was messing around with all the wiring I realized I don't have a fuse for my amp (the PG Xenon series doesn't come with any built-in fusing). I have an 80A fuse under the hood by the battery, but nothing else. Do you think I should add an inline fuse in close proximity to the amp or is it even necessary? Also, if I do need the fuse, what exactly is the difference between that one and the one under the hood and why do I need both? Just want some info so I can be sure my equipment is protected. As always, thanks for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4013
If you have one under the hood, there isn't a need for an additional one at the amp unless you were to run a distribution block and more than one amp. The fuse under the hood will pop if you pull too much current.

Silver Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 109
Hey Jon, thanks for the info. That's what I figured. Take care bud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us