Blown subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Shea88

Cartwright, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 27
i just bought a new kenwood kac-x811d to run my 2 10" 05 alpine type r's with. A friad wud like to hear his new subs ran off my amp. His subs are audiobahn Aw1251t 450 rms, 800 peak. The amp is a 1600 watt mono amp 1000 rms. I want to know if i plug this subs into my amp if its going to blow them to crap or if its going to reck my amp? The subs are wired to 2 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 155
As long as the subs are wired to an impedance your amp can handle, your amp can't get hurt. That amp only puts out about 900w RMS at 2-ohms. His subs will be fine if you hook them up, just don't set the gain to high or anything.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
I did as you said and wired them to impedence, then after I did that I tryed them in my car. They pounded hard for about 5 mins and then all of a sudden the amp turned off. I quickly shut off the car and took the inline fuse out then unhooked the amp and checked all the fuses. They where all fine, did I blow my amp or wat happend?

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 156
What impedance did you have the subs wired to? If your impedance is below 2 ohms, your amp is gonna cook. That's why I said to wire the subs to an impedance your subs can handle. Basically anything 2-ohms or above should be fine on that amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
can you send me a diagram of what 2 ohm impednance means? My manual also says it is one ohm stable? How could i check to see if it was blown.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 158
How many ohms are your subs? It depends on what your sub has before you can go about wiring it. DON'T hook anything up until you know how to wire it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
It turns out my amp has some sort of protection that turns it off when its going to get cooked. Lucky for me, The amp is fine and Im strickly running my 2 Type r's wired correctly to it:-) Thanx for all the help

Username: 69eaglefan

Post Number: 1
What amp would you recommend to power 2 12" alpine type r's?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us