Question for Isaac

Username: Nitrouspimpxide

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 4
Well right now I have an Audiobahn A8002T in my closet just sitting there, I know its not worth installing because the fan doesnt work and left channel input is messed up. I was looking at the Power Acoustik Gothic Series 1200 watt amp(600 rms)...and I am for sure getting 2 12in JL Audio W3v2-D4 in a custom-built sealed box(1.34 cu ft/chamber)...I see that the amp would go great with the subs but before buying it I want to know if it is worth buying.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3101
Alessandro, Power Acoustik amps aren't durable. How much are you willing to spend? eBay right now has some good amps on sale. Do a search on Orion amps. The XTRs are selling as low as $170 for 800w rms. It will out perform Power Acoustik anyday.

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 5
i wanna spend less than 150...the power acoustik is the best amp i could find under 150...i dont want used because i want an amp with warranty...used amps dont have warranty and if anything happens then im fucked and ill need to send it to get fixed..so in the long run im spending more money

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 6
i knwo the old school orion hcca's are great amps...but they are very hard to find in good condition...and if u can find em in good condition then they would be very expensive but worth every dollar i know...but i dont have that kind of money...the jl's are a gift so i was lucky with that...i need an amp to power em and i have like 150 bucks and no job

Gold Member

Post Number: 3102
Have you thought of A8000T amp? It's around $140 and supports 2 ohms.
The problem with purchasing cheap amps is, they mix in distortion/clipping with the output. That is what destroys most subs. So unless you're planning to listen to the subs at low volume, try and save up some money.

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 7
the audiobahn a8000t wont do the job cuz the subs are dual 4 ohm...being 1 ohm load or 4 ohm load...so the power acoustik would be perfect...i had bad experience with audiobahn...they heat up very fast and turn off unless u have like a freezer for a trunk

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 8
the volume isnt gonna be cranked up all the time...only about 20% of the time...cuz theres a new law being passed and its for loud systems...ialready get tickets for tints and stupid crap like that...i cant afford to have anymore tickets...insurance is expensive at my age

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 363
Uh, I think the A8000T does 1 ohm, but I myself have 2X4Ohm DVC subs, wired in parallel for 2 ohms. I'm getting 800W RMS to them both. The A8000T works just fine. I have a feeling you are new to audio period, and don't understand some things.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 150
TB, the A8000T is not 1 ohm stable. And you cant wire 2 Dual 4 ohm subs for a 2-ohm load, period. So I am not sure what you are talking about.

If you have 2 SVC 4-ohm subs, then you can wire those for a 2 ohm load.

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 9
im not new to audio...im just not well off like some ppl u know...so i have to settle for cheap stuff and make it good by putting it in the right box and all...i know the cheaper amps arent really that great but i need something to power the subs in the mean time...i feel wierd driving around without bass in my car

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 10
the specs for the a8000t:
400 rms@4 ohm
800 rms@2 ohm

the specs for the a8002t(wut i have but i want diff cuz of bad experience w/ it):
200x2 rms@4 ohm
400x2 rms@2 ohm
800x1 rms@4 ohm

the power acoustik i want fits the jl's i have nicely:
150x2 rms@4 ohm
300x2 rms@2 ohm
600x1 rms@4 ohm

and i can grab that amp for $140 brand new(only got $150 to spend)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3117
Alessandro, according to your post, A8002T is a better amp for the money.
Here are some alternatives for you to look at:
Item number: 5778129069
Item number: 5777915331
Item number: 5778527934
Item number: 5778270404
Item number: 5778464139
Item number: 5777827043

Bronze Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 11
where do i apply those numbers to?
ebay?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3120
You put the number in the "Search" box.

Bronze Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 12
yeah i got it...i like mtx sort of...but theres something about them that i dont like

Gold Member

Post Number: 3122
It's better than the amp you're after. There were other brands amongst the list above.
Good luck.

Bronze Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 13
are the orion xtr amps anything like the hcca's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3126
It's close, still very nice amp. In fact, if you looked at the manual, it's almost identical.

Bronze Member

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 14
alright...ill see about the orion xtr...cuz im not very fond of the mtx amps...i heard they were cheaply made and the only good ones are the really old ones...thats what i heard...the audiobahn amps are pieces of sh!t...even they can pack some power for the money...still arent very good amps

Gold Member

Post Number: 3136
That applies to most amp manufacturers nowdays. It's all about the bottom line, margins and profits. Pyramid and Sony pioneered that. Promise tons and deliver just about none.
Orion XTR or PPI PC/PCX series are your best bet then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us