Static in subs

Username: Piebelly

Falmouth, Ky Us

Post Number: 1
i have kenwood head with alpine amp 200 w/ problem is w/ vol down low, static is in subs are louder than music uncool need help bad, oh where do i start

Username: Piebelly

Falmouth, Ky Us

Post Number: 4
Please anyone? I really some opinions on what to do. I'm pretty sure everything is hooked up correctly. I have everything the wya the amplifier kit says to do.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 152
When you were running all your wire, did you put your rcas close to the power wire? Run the rcas and the power wire on the oposite sides of the car. The power cord can interfere with signals in the rcas.

Darrin Brown
Unregistered guest
But yes I did hook them up right by each other. But I just now went and put them on opposite sides and there is still static. Would the positive being to close to the negative interfere like that?

Darrin Brown
Unregistered guest
But yes I did hook them up right by each other. But I just now went and put them on opposite sides and there is still static. Would the positive being to close to the negative or ground interfere like that?

Darrin Brown
Unregistered guest
But yes I did hook them up right by each other. But I just now went and put them on opposite sides and there is still static. Would the positive being to close to the negative or ground interfere like that?

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1400
Check your amp's ground.

Darrin Brown
Unregistered guest
Fishy, kinda confused on that. Do you hook it directly to the negative post or how do you check an amps ground?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2743
Your ground should go from the ground terminal on your amp, to a solid clean metal surface on your car. Make sure all the paint is removed from the surface, and the ground is well secured. Your ground wire should definitely be the same gauge as your amp power wire, and the ground wire shouldn't be any longer than 18".

Darrin Brown
Unregistered guest
Didn't work... Could it be the amp? And how would you check if it was the amp, other then replacing it with another amp. Could it be a loose wire on the back of the speaker? Write asap if you can :-)

Username: Trini

Port of spainTrinidad

Post Number: 8
disconect the rca jacks going to the amp and see if you are getting the noise stll......

Username: Trini

Port of spainTrinidad

Post Number: 9
if you are not getting the noise again you need to use a suppressor connecting to the RCA jacks.....

Darrin Brown
Unregistered guest
Done tried that. When the RCA cords are undone then the static is still there. I'm thinking it is the amplifier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us