HO Alternator search

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 134
if anyones bored and feels the need to help me look for a HO alt for a 97 ford probe 4 cyl. I will appreciate it. I have read through all the posts on here about HO alts and checked every site. so far I only found a universal alt that im not positive will work, ive called around excessiveamperage made me laugh he told me 658 shipped for a 150amp alt, I know the most ide pay for one is like 400 bucks and thats a 200 amp alt not a crappy 150. im yet to find one im looking for 200amp alt but I will settle for a 180amp. most the sites listed on the threads of Ho alts said they didnt have one.. please help me my system is suffering because of this

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3095
Matthew, have you tried 4alterstart.com? They will have/make just about any size you will need.
If they don't have one for your car, you can always purchase 2nd alternator and send that in for upgrade. It'll be cheaper, since they will only charge you for labour.

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
well yes, they replied to me that they dont have one, I then replied to them asking if I send them a stock one could they boost it and they replied no

Silver Member

Post Number: 145
they told me they did not have one and when I said if I send them a stock one could they boost it they said no again

Gold Member

Post Number: 3124
Whoa, that's weird then. Who was the guy you spoke with? They have different level of expertise. One of them is very knowledgeable and should be able to give you straight answer.
Did you email or call?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1392
Isaac matthew is right. I asked them a long time ago about one for my old Camry and they said NO. Forget them. I whould honestly go to www.excessiveamperage.com and have nathan make you one. He was gonna build me a 200 amp alternator for $295.00. They make the best ones along with dominic iraggi HO alternators.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
I emailed, thanks mo ill try him

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
actually MO I tried him in the beggining and he replied in the email he could build me a brand new custom 180amp alt for it for 270 shipped. I kinda forgot about him cause I wanted a 200amp, but I guess ill settle for the 180. thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
this might sound stupid but I never pay for anything over the phone, whats the usual method, credit? otherwise im sending cash I dont trust saying info over the phone too much thats why I never do it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3151
Don't send cash. That's how you get ripped off. Use your credit card instead. If anything goes wrong, you can have your bank help you settle it. Most credit cards come with purchase protection plan anyways.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1408
Matthew, do it over the phone. Only option bro or online if he offers that. I am gonna get mine from www.excessiveamperage.com personally.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
ok, thanks guys

Unregistered guest
Matthew,I did not quote you that price !! This is Nathan with Excessive Amperage. You must have the wrong name on your first post. I have never built an alt for $658, even my 250 amps. www.excessiveamperage.com

Unregistered guest
Matthew,I did not quote you that price !! This is Nathan with Excessive Amperage. You must have the wrong name on your first post. I have never built an alt for $658, even my 250 amps. www.excessiveamperage.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1531
Hey Nathan, i saw your group by over at sounddomain.com / I hear good things like you make your HO alternators of the highest quality like you whould for your own car. Can you confirm this ? thanks

Excessive Amperage !
Unregistered guest
Anyone who has bought from me or emailed me knows that I am an honest person and I will not talk bad about the competition. I will only tell you what I do to my alternators and what I put in them, not what someone else does or does not do. I do custom build every alternator for the specific car and they are 100% NEW- they are not sitting on the shelf waiting for someone to one day buy them. I do build each alternator as though it was going on my own vehicle, I do take a lot of pride in my work and this is what I have built my reputation around. Thank you MO for the plugs, I have seen several forums where you have suggested my website to people.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1537
Thanks Nathan / I appreciate your honesty and will continue to give you positive feedback to people that need HO alternators. I plan on purchasing one from you very soon. I will actually call you personally. I am MO by the way. Hopefully you will remember when i call somtime.

Unregistered guest
I look forward to hearing from you MO. Let me know what I can do to help you. My number is on the website if you need to call me. I am still trying to figure out why MATTHEW said I quoted him $658 for an alt ? ! A 150 amp alt at that. By the way, I will do it less than the $295 I quoted you - just for giving me some plugs on these forums, ok.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1540
Thanks Nathan and good looking out for me. I look forward to speaking to you about my HO alternator also. I will call you soon once i get everything ready. I have no idea where $658 for an HO alternator came from. I think matthew made a mistake.

here is what he said after that post:

"actually MO I tried him in the beggining and he replied in the email he could build me a brand new custom 180amp alt for it for 270 shipped. I kinda forgot about him cause I wanted a 200amp, but I guess ill settle for the 180. thanks"

Anybody that is interested in a HIGH Quality HO alternator should check out www.excessiveamperage.com and speak to Nathan and he will be happy to build you a great HO alternator for a very reasonable price compared to some places out there. Nathan is a very nice guy to work with if you have any questions and so forth.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 215
http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm
give him (dominic iraggi) a call or email regarding your '97. i paid 359.00 plus 100.00 for a lifetime warranty. in addition to better parts and such, if i ever change cars, he will ship me one that fits.

pics of my 220amp (170 idle). havn't installed it yet.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 220
those pics look pretty lame. the fact that i actually posted pics of a blasted alternator means that its time to take my butt to bed. goodness..

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
hey sorry I forgot about this post, I had tons of emails saved and it wasnt excessiveamperage that quoted me for that price, I called this number and they kept leading me to different numbers and some guy said 650 shipped and I told him no. I actually called excessiveamperage and talked to nathan and he got me my alternator for 165 shipped he cut me a deal actually. I had it put in and my system sounds amazing now, I would very much so recomend excessive amperage, very quick shipping and great prices. sorry nathan for the mix up disregard my other posts on this thread, thanks

-Matt

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
oh and he built me a 100% custom new alternator no old junky alternators, when it came it looked amazing and the automechanic that installed it told me he never seen one with such nice amps in it, hes is very honest and great to do business with. I actually left the business cards nathan gave me with the auto guys so if they run into anyone looking for it. excessiveamperage.com is the way to go for HO alternators

Excessive Amperage !
Unregistered guest
I am glad to hear you like the alternator Matt ! Thank you. I was wondering about that price quote... ? No problem. Yeah, that Iraggi does not look so good - used housings, what else is old in it ? $350 for a REBUILT ALTERNATOR ! I hope he kissed you ! ha !

Excessive Amperage !
Unregistered guest
Just to let you know if you need an alt in the future mikecheck9, I could build you a 250 amp for your car less than you paid for that one and it will be 100% NEW. I also have a 275 amp as well. www.excessiveamperage.com

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 320
it is supposedly 100% new. again, w/a lifetime warranty. so i hope i don't have any issues w/it. installing this wkend. i'll pass your name around though

Unregistered guest
yo, Nathan (excessive Amperage), do you ship to Australia? We need that stuff like you make there in the USA. Only thing we have here are crap politics and kangaroos. hehe

Gold Member

Post Number: 3420
Keny that sounds like Canada. Same crap here. Lots of politics and polar bears.

Unregistered guest
Yeah Keny I do ship to Australia. - no Kangaroos or polar bears here but there a lot of "ice holes" ! Hear the one on how to catch a polar bear ? cut a hole in the ice, put some peas in it and when the bear leans over to get the peas, you kick him in the "ice hole". BAH !
Nathan - www.excessiveamperage.com

Unregistered guest
ah great Nathan. Will get in touch with you on how much amperage I need for my Kicker sound sys in me 98' Toyota Corolla. Thanks dude!
Feel like kikin Howard's (our PM) in dah "ice hole". Could afford 20 HO alt. if it wasn't for the taxes I'll be paying this financial yr. Aarrggghh!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 29
Just talked to this guy on the phone.. Very polite, very reasonable. $275ish for a 200 amp alternator for my 1999 firebird..pretty much best I can do I think for a direct alternator to replace stock..and could have it within a week. VERY nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us