Sub-out question

Unregistered guest
i just installed a sub yesterday and i used the sub-out rca jack on my head unit now my front speakers dont work is there anyway to avoid this besides just using the rear rca output?

email me if any suggestions

Username: Ancona46

Post Number: 1
btw its a panasonic head unit if its helps

Bronze Member
Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 34
Do your front speakers work when the rca's are unplugged?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1536
make sure you didn't pull some wires behind the radio loose pushing it back into the dash.

Username: Ancona46

Post Number: 3
im pretty sure thats not the problem cause both fronts are out and nothing else is affected

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1558
then you might have shorted out the head unit's internal drivers for the front channels

Unregistered guest
Its possible, that when you plug in your rca's into the pre-out its cuts out the internal amp in the stereo, thinking your going to use all external amplification..I just had that happen with my new alpine, and I haven't found a way around it yet..I can't use an amp for my subs and use the stereo's amp for my mids and highs..if anyone has any idea, let me know

Username: Robstbird

Post Number: 1
my friend has a panasonic and he has the same problem...if he uses the outs...he dont get no 6x9 use...SOOO i got ghetto and bought a little 120x2 rms alpine amp....wired it to his stereo...and mounted it..doesnt look to bad and sounds great...easy solution i think...just a thought

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1794
apparently the unit you have doesn't support using power powered outputs and line outs at the same time.
so, you'll need to amp everything or nothing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us