JL or Pioneer

Username: Bk4u98

Post Number: 1
I am relatively new to this stuff and would like some advice from anyone willing. I have 2 15" JL's (they are an older model, I think W-0?, I got them from a friend in a sealed box; brand new). Recently, I ran into someone who wants to sell me a 10" Premier TS-W1500 SPL in a band pass box; brand new for dirt cheap. Do I stick with the 15's or go with the 10???? I have a small car, so it is one or the other. From someone who does not know too much about subs, it seems that the Premier is more powerfull, but damn, I love the sound of the JL. Thanks......

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 20
If you already like the sound of the 15's, I'd just stick with them because if you do upgrade you'll probably need a new amp and maybe alernator(I don't know the rms on the premier or the amp you're running though). If you have the money to spend I'd try and test out the premier to see if it sounds better to you before you switch. Hope that helped.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3748
brian please stick around,lol, tell us what you do, cuase if you get the new subs, i want to buy those jl w0s, im trying to accumulate 4 15 w0s, and i have 1 need 3 omre lol, but if u like them, stick with them, thats all that matters, but if yor amp can handle it get the new ones

Username: Bk4u98

Post Number: 3
I have a kenwood amp. 1000 watts. How do I know if I really need another alternator?? And I think what I am hearing is that the Premier might be more powerfull????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us