Car audio system

Bronze Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 36
I have a few quesitions on my current/possible future system. As of right now it is like this:
85A alternator
8gauge wire
Stock CD player
Alpine-M350 (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-9lRmpxYEyv1/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=130&I=500MRPM350)
Factory 6.5" speakers
2 12" 900max/300rms Sony Xplod subwoofers

I would really like to keep the same amp/wiring/and stock head unit. My questions are these
#1. Would these be good speakers for the 6.5"'s? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58027%26item%3D5776983641 %26
#2. Should I get a capacitor and if so what size?
#3. What should I upgrade my subwoofers to? I would like to stick with the same box (sealed) that I have and stay with 2 12"'s. Also, I would like to keep it under or around 100$ per sub. What is the best I can get for that amp? I am interested in fairly accurate, VERY loud and deep bass.

Thanks for the help!

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 37
^

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 38
how would something like these sound as far as the subs go? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39777%26item%3D5776864246 %26 or http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48613%26item%3D5777258679 %26. Or is there better stuff I can get?

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 40
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 216
You should be about to push the CVR with that sony amp but if i were you i would buy a new amp. You are not going to be able to push the audiobahn sub they required more then 300rms

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 14
alpine makes type r's that are older that u could find on ebay in 12's and they are nicer.. as for ur xplodes i would get rid of those asap.

def dont buy those audiobahns they are rated wrong and will sound only low.. im not a real kicker fan as they are becoming desperate for sales and creating quantity rather than quality.. like i said type R's are prob best or better bet

no capacitator is really required because you prob wont be having a thundering system with only 100$ subs and a stock deck.. i can alos say that ur 8 gauge is prb the best bet

also ur amp isnt that great- i mean u can power some stuf but it wont be extreme like u wanted.. i would say ur best bet is to save ur money if u want a great system..

overall type R's and if u want an aweseom system i would first invest in a dek. that was my firswt action and was prob the best thing i did good luck

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 41
how do those 6.5" speakers look? And what would the difference between the type R's and the xplodes be because the xplod's are actually really loud and deep (not sure about SQ compared to others).

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 42
and I have heard some people love kickers, some aren't a big fan. Anyone else have an opinion on those '05 kicker comp's?

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 217
You could get 2 12' atlas for 100 buck those will sound louder and harder then your sony.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 43
kickers or atlas's? More power/bigger name for kicker... Which one will be louder and clearer?

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 44
compvr's vs. the 12" atlas... which one is better overall?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3720
i would personally take the Compvrs

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 45
any particular reason? And how well will that amp I have push 2 of the 12"'s?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3722
well i havent personally got the chance to test the atlas, but the comp vr has a stronger motor and more xmax and such, i just prefer it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us