Chevrolet Cavalier

Username: Chik

Md

Post Number: 1
i want to buy new speakers for my car but i dont know what size they are in the front..i know the back ones are 6x9's these are the stock speakers by the way...the two front ones are shot and i was going to buy new ones but i'm not sure if they are 6x9 in the front too..i looked through the car manual and of course there is nothing in there that is helpful...if anyone knows could you please help me out?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1524
I need the year of your car, and I can tell you the sizes.

Username: Chik

Md

Post Number: 2
its a 2001..sorry

Username: Jwahrer

Post Number: 5
in my 96 cavalier i put 4x6's in the front

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1538
yup
4x6 front
6x9 rear

I'd skip the 3x6s and put 6.5" component separates in the front doors instead, myself.
4x6s suck.

Unregistered guest
I'm buying new 6x9s for my 2000 cavalier but I don't know what kind to buy?

Anonymous

what would be the best speakers for my car- it's a 98 Cavalier- and I want good bass but I want major volume without the bass being the only thing you hear. what's the best kind to get?

Shey
Unregistered guest
Bass is major important though... I want to be able to show off my system, so I need mad volume and bass!! I don't want any rattling though... what would you guys recommend?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2374
-a head unit with 3 sets of 4 volt pre-outs
-a 4 channel amp 50wRMS x 4 @ 4 ohms or more
-a mono sub amp with power matched to your subs
-front and rear component speakers (good ones)
-two good subs in a well made box (size is up to you)
-proper electrical upgrades, power cable, alternator, etc
-sound deaden the car with dynamat
-have it all professionally installed.

that's my suggestion

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacstyle0

Post Number: 16
thanx glasswolf that just cleared up alot of questions that ive had--that will get the SQ just right

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2477
if the system still needs tweaking, you can add equalizers after everything I mentioned above.
1/3rd octave ones, like Audiocontrol offers.
the EQL is a 13 band model for about $150 that's stereo (2 channels) and a good EQ for fine tuning audio systems for SQ

Unregistered guest
Just bought a 1998 cavalier Z24, I installed new Kenwood TS-A696OR 220w/max 3-way speakers in the rear, after noticing the old ones were blown. I noticed now that the sound is better, that the stock set-up, but still a litttle "flat" when I play CDs, but better when listnening to straight FM. The bass seems to distort or max out a little bit now that I've installed the new speakers, I can't figure out if its the fronts or rears doing it, I thik both are contributing. I want to upgrade the stock front 4x6's. Not too pricey, under 80 for a pair, I still have the stock radio/cd. I do primarily highway driving, 4-6 hours at a time, so need the car to sound good during that time. What would be recommended for the front speakers?

mattst18
Unregistered guest
where can i buy the 6x9 speakers for an 01 cavalier

Unregistered guest
hi, i got a 15 inch splw sub in my jeep wrangler, its in a vented 3cu enclosure. but i just got 2 mtx 7500 subs i want to put in there instead, so i was wondering what kind of box i should get for them. i have about 35 inches width, 19 height and about 22 inched deep. do you think the mtx would sound better then the splw? please e-mail me if you got some ideas . . .. . thx

bass face
Unregistered guest
two mtx 7500 thunder subs in a sealed box should sound better then one 15 inch splw sub in a vented box....... right?? the splw is rated at 1400 rms i think, and the mtx's are rated at 500 rms, my amp is about 800 rms. and i dont want to hear any distortion at certin bass tones..... oh yea, how come when i turn my radio past 20 it dont get much louder? the volume goes up to 35, and i have a 600 watt amp powering my highs and there only 1 pair of polk audios. i never hear distortion from the highs so why dont it get louder? lol its still real loud, but i want it so loud you cant sit in it when its turned up. ...... .. .. i need advice bass_warz@yahoo.com :D

TurboShane
Unregistered guest
Adjust your gain higher till you hear distortion that should make it louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us