Alpine 9845?

Username: Blugu64

Post Number: 2
Just wondering what you guys thought of this HU...

Anonymous

I just received the Alpine CDA-9853 (aka cd thief) and installed it. Everything was going great for about 3 days then the Cd got stuck in the unit. I thought I was screwed but later found that the face plate needed to be adjusted a bit by pressing hard on the face -- it finally ejected the cd. I'm thinking it wasn't making contact with the unit. I'm still leary about this unit and might sell it if I continue to have problems with the CD getting stuck. Also, the glide system isn't that great. Using my pinky seems to help get the right setting but cruising at 70 mph it's pretty scary. Maybe it's a very steep learning curve but I don't think it's the best idea and would rather have regular buttons. Overall though the sound quality is very top notch, the eq is awesome, and it looks of very high quality. So far it's more good then bad in my book. Just my first week's impression ---

Unregistered guest
I bought CDA-9853 and it also got stuck 2 days after I bought it. The face wouldn't move. I took it back and got a replacement, however 20 days later the same thing happened. I can't get my cd out, when I click the button so the face moves and ejects my cd all it states is OPEN and does not move. What should or can I do? I'm past my 30 day warranty at the place where I bought it.....

Mutus
Unregistered guest
Well, in regards to the CDE-9845 (which is what the post is about), I just got mine yesterday and so far, so good. The amount of control you have over bass and treble is amazing. You can adjust the frequency that you're boosting. The base even lets you adjust how wide of a curve it affects. It doesn't have a lot of sex appeal like the Sonys and Pioneers, but I suspect they make up for it in build quality.

Username: Blugu64

Post Number: 3
I just got min installed yesterday as well...I havn't played with the frequency controls, but I'm really liking it so far...

Anonymous

Stevo54321 I know exactly what you mean.. Sorry about the hijack Nath.. Anyway, I haven't had a cd stuck since I finally figured out how to turn the internal amp off. I'm not using speakers hooked directly to the unit so the internal amp could have been overheating. It's a royal pain in the a** to get to the right menu though -- especially on your first attempt but so far so far so good with mine now. I hope you get your's unstuck. I think you could try pressing hard on the lower right (near the eject button) and that might kick it in gear like it did mine but this only worked after turning the internal amp off. Again, so far it's working perfect now..

Bronze Member
Username: Videobruce

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 30
These are all with units that have a flip down door, correct?

How about the 9843 w/o the door?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us