Audiobahn immortal series or digital designs?

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i was going to get some new subs for my truck but i dont know which ones to get. i have the choice of either 2 12" audiobahn immortals or 2 12" digital designs. what do u guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 237
if it was me i'd go with digital designs

danuguy?
Unregistered guest
where can i get a pair at for pretty cheap?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2154
stay away from the immortal 12 i had one....they are junk

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 98
get the audiobahns imo

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 101
ok. the two are not in the same league (hop scotch vs rugby). the DD's have been underground greats for a while, but have recently surfaced in car audio's july sub review. they are very nice subs.
you had already been offered them as a choice right? take the dd's and run. a nobrainer imo.

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 68
I think the deciding factor in this would be money.
The DD's cost a great deal more than the Ab's.
If money were an issue, I wouldnt give a second thought to buying the DD's because I know the high potential of the Ab's at a low cost.
The Immortal woofer will get very loud. Extremely loud, and if thats what your after, go for those. If you want to compete at a world contender spl level then of course DD would be the ideal choice. But dont get me wrong, audiobahns will do huge numbers too, they just wont take the heat like the DD's.
The Immortal has one tinsel per lead, giving a total of 2 per coil, and 8 in all. The DD has tinsels woven between each layer of damper giving some models 8 per coil, that adds up to more than 60 lead in wires(tinsels) on one woofer.
Durability is a factor for anyone, street, or competition, you want a woofer that will last. The DD edges out the Ab in that catagory, not mention is more efficient as well.
I like the Audiobahn woofers, especially the higher end models. They sound well too.
Like I said, I think this boils down to your budget.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
where can i find a pair od DD's kinda cheap? that was my first choice cuz i heard alot of good things about the DD's but i just couldn't find them anywhere.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2669
How can you honestly compare Audiobahn and Digital Designs? You can't. There is no comparison. Unless your poor as heck, get the DD's.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 478
you wont find them cheap...even used they arent cheap...but it is definitely a "hop scotch vs. rugby" type of situation..the dd's will outsound, outlast, and most likely out compete 99% of of people running other equiptment if you can afford the power after your done buying the subs. but the immortals are a great sub but still better can be had for the same price.

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 70
Joe, I think you meant to say..."If your rich as heck, get the DD's." lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2670
What he said ^

danuguy
Unregistered guest
what's the best place to get a set of DD's cuz i cant find them anywhere?

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 15
okay donbt believe half these people bias based on other audiobahn's. those immortals are insane. DD are purely for competion. Immortals are crazy loud. They pound like he11 and if put with the right amp will easily stick with and xxx. i have owned 2 12 immortlas and were probably the best subs i have ever heard or owned. personally go with the immortals

Bronze Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 71
Where are you from danguy?
I'm a Digital Designs dealer, most models in stock and ready to ship. I prefer to sell/install all product we sell here. However I am willing to make an exception if there isn't a DD dealer near to you. You may e-mail me personally at daviszac@hotmail.com
I will return your message with our store phone number.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
well if i can get the Immortals cheaper than i can get the DD's (which i know i can) then i will just get the immortals. And i can get 2 10" Immortals for about $320. And if anyone knows where I can get them for cheaper please let me know. I'd like to get the DD's but i don't think i'm gonna find a pair of them in my price range.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
LegacyAudio what amp do u have your immortals wired to? i have no idea what amp to use to push them.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 355
WTF
Unless you have 1500 burning a hole in your pocket DD is not for you. Why not go with a single Adire Brahma or XX.X?
On Audiobahns website the parameters they give for the Immortals says they are only capable of 16.4 mm of one way travel. Thats half what the XX.X does.

Bronze Member
Username: Matt12490

Post Number: 39
yeah DD are expensive but are very good so i would go with them if you have the money.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i had an Alphasonik PMA2500A which is a nice amp that easily powered those. It was too powerful which is why i had to get rid of the immortals. but i will say that a higher end audiobahn amp would fit nicely with these. You ould find one on ebay for like 200-300$ and it would easily power those kids

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1826
I completly agree with Zac... most audiobahns get loud... but DD has better reliability... and is also more money!:-)

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1556
you know that the immortals arent that cheap themselves

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1831
Yup, like close to $200 a piece!

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1558
i havent seen them that cheap

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1559
wow your right, used to be exp. i should say

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1833
For the price, I would look at the Eternal series... like $135 and pretty close to the same specs!

Bronze Member

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 20
ya i agree with taylor also the eternal look cooler lol.. the word immortal sounds kinda g ay lol and reminds me of like mortal kombat. aslo the specs are bout the same so a lil cheaper investement. Also ur buying audiobahn so dont expect them to be much different

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2676
The word Audiobahn in general sounds g@y to me...

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1834
Lol, so when you get beat by an audiobahn system, whats that make you'res?:-) j/k

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2677
Haha. The day I get beat by an Audiobahn system, is the day I start smoking weed with Subfan.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 315
HEY lol I have that A8000T amp that Isaac recommended BECAUS I DONT HAVE 09873209740932704973298 dollars to spend on car stereo lol! (note it starts with 0 lol) But regardless, I'm not that wealthy...still waiting on my Kenwood KDC-X789 HU. It's only 225 bucks on Froogle...but do I have it...NO! SO don't make fun of Audiobahn's amps at least. Subs...feel free...they are PINK! Hey, I looked at those JL 13Wv7? I was wondering, where are the holes for the screws????????????????????????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 316
Oh yea! My Volfenhags WILL OWN YOUR overpriced system lol...j/k. I could prolly get louder...If I installed like 10 of their subs...not that 3 isn't going to be loud enough in the end...hehehe.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2682
TB, I've never bashed Audiobahn amps. And as of right now, I'm sure 1 of your Volfenhags could get louder than my car. All I'm running right now is a set of 3.5" speaks off my Alpine cd player, lol. I've ran into some money problems.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1568
that sucks man. i dont like audiobahn amps though. ill tell you that right now. personal exp.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1569
you know when it worked it sounded better then my hifonics. god i hate that amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
Yea, money problems suck, I have them all the time...now I feel like a real jerk. Youl sold your whole system? That's even worse? Was it taxes? They can be evil, even if you do get money back...well they are nice then... "The word Audiobahn in general sounds g@y to me..."<---Doesn't look like you were exactly being NICE about them btw!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2701
Well, I sold most of my old system, but it wasn't really for money problems. I'm just upgrading, and it's taking some time to raise the money.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
well which one's would you guys get as far as the immortals,eternals, or DD's and also what amp to run with it considering your own personal price range? and if i helps i want sumthin to thump really good. like literally i want to rattle pictures off of walls when i drive by. that's my goal. which out of the three and amp would u guys get to acomplish that goal?

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 204
i think they made it clear....the DDs if you have the money for them.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1589
hey joe you could always run your AUDIOBAHN you have in that ported enclosure. ironic isnt it?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2704
Dude. That's not funny. I forgot i even had that thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us