::Volfenhag:: Any good?

New to Car Audio
Unregistered guest
I was just curious are these subs any competition for the Brahma's?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 347
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 303
I feel bad for the 'H' and 'A' keys on Nick's keyboard...

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 351
I'm not laughing at him, I'm laughing at how many times that question or questions like it have been asked on this board.

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
Yeah, way too many. But, there is something that solves any Volfenhag problem! A Zippo and a can of gas! Then after it's done burning, you buy a new sub and use the Volfenhag as a shooting target. It's so easy.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2662
I hear ya nick. I wanna barf everytime I see Volfenhag on thread title's. People are clueless.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2149
i feel bad for the fact that you guys really dont know how good they are for the price...i no ive heard them and i know what good sounds like no matter what anyone thinks. I havent heard the brahma but i dont doubt it sounds beter and is a better build but for what 400 bucks (not sure) or close to it IT BETTER. Personally ive heard the jl 13 w7 and i dont like it and thats 700 bucks

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2668
I guess we all have our opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 123
u tell them sean y pay 700 bucks on a sub an its goin 2 blow after a while then 700 more for a new 1 thats $1,400 on 2 but if u have the money

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
I'm assuming you would have enough common sense not to blow a $700 dollar sub, or else it would last for a VERY long time as would the Volfenhag if it was treated properly. Ultimately, it comes to sound quality. Anybody can blow a speaker.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 311
The Volfenhags have good SQ for the price, I'm thinking of getting a third one. However, they attempt to hit TOO MANY frequencies causing a slight muddiness and possibly a little boom, but ya know what? You're only paying like 50 bucks a sub! Their power handling is quite good though, and they do hit all of the lower frequencies they list very well. If you have a parametric equalizer, and some sort of x-over, almost all of the muddiness can be eliminated. They are subs that don't come pre set, but once set, they will sound comparably good to some higher brands such as MTX, Kicker (I hate Kickers lol), Infinity, JBL (some models), and definitely better than practically every brand you can get at any electronic store. It's their lack of popularity that causes the low prices, but the build of these things are very sturdy. Even with the wider cone they have like over .5" of xmax. So don't go making fun of a perfectly good (and well priced) sub that because you haven't heard it, and have seen it on Ebay for 50 bucks or less you feel it isn't good enough. I would recommend these subs to anyone, but make sure you have access to things stated above. Also, don't run them at a higher x-over, they just don't sound good, as they only reach like 500Hz. Keep it low (the x-over, not the volume lol, they'll take a beating!), and they will easily give you good SQ for the price as well as that loudness you want.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2156
thank you tb for telling them i wasnt telling a half truth the 48 series is an even better improvement over the 47 series your speaking of spl wise and sq wise with an xmax twice the 47 series (im speaking of the 12 4712 and the 4812 volfenhags)

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 479
anyone else sick of the douchebags commenting on equiptment they have never heard????i am...volfenhag is a h*ll of a sub for the price. ive seen them (not sure exactly what model.. 84 something)hit higher numbers than type r's and sound just as good doing it....so before you go running your c*ck holsters......think first, then reply....your answers might be smarter :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 319
You get what you pay for, Volfenhag is no exception.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3702
Everyone here makes an amazign point, as sean said, it is a great little sub for the price, i agree ive played with those little red dogs lol, but as TB stated, bette than at most electronic stores, well lets just compare BB and CC to volfenhag becuase those stores anyone on here can go to mostlikely lol, well in my opinion off the top of my head subs at these stores that will get louder OR sound better OR both go like this

l5
l7
solox
comp
compvr
type r
typex
most audiobahn subs will get louder
p2s
p3s
t1s
t2s

i know there are more but this is me stoned lol

But also its ALLLLLLL in install, not the sub, you can mae a bad sub sound good or loud and make a great one sound sharty, lol, my new word, like the abc box post sean made i bet a box like that for a volfenhag would beat a w3v2 in a sealed box in spl

Silver Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 171
ive heard that the volfenhag amps are pretty good tho....

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3025
Subfanatic, were you trying to draw a diagram with your post? It looks like some guy with a bone-r.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3718
haha it reminds me of how iowa and the middle east of the us look on a map lol, no i wasjust high and having fun lol

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 314
Hey, I'm actually looking to get another Volfenhag as well as 2 of their (this is sorta funny) 400W RMS /800W MAX 6x9's in boxes in back to compliment subs a bit. I have 4 5x7's, but I need more MMPH! And I'm in dire need of mid frequencies, and these puppies pack two tweets a piece as well as a midrange! They are acutally really nice, both 5x7's and 6x9's. But anyways are 6x9's REALLY THAT BAD IN THE TRUNK? And, does anyone know where I can get a triple enclosure for 3 Volf. subs no more than like 33 In. wide? Hehehe. I was thinking of one of those 3-sided beasts. Making the outer two INVERTED and the center one regular! Would that be great or what? Gotta show of that beautiful magnet the subs pack...really, they are pretty lol. Also, are SQ and dB ratings affected by inverting subs? And can I run 3 subs in parallel-series to my A8000T? That would be a little over 250W RMS to each. They are 500W RMS each. Also, how do you wire inverted subs? Looks kinda awkward! Thanks!

Anonymous

hey dogg lay off Iowa-- Great for hunting n fishin-haha like the only things i do besides baseball
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us