I need help with my system. something not working and i'ma newbie and have no idea what is wrong.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
like i sed i'm a newbie and i'm not sure what's wrong but here is the amp that i have:

http://pyramidcaraudio.com/itempage.asp?model=PB781X

and i have two of these subs hooked up to the above amp:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PIOTSW250R

i dont know what's wrong but my amp has a light that says protect and a light that says power. i had everything professionally installed and the box professionally built. the protect light is on but the power light is not on and the subs do not work at all. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 98
ur subs r 4ohms whats the ohm on the amp an is ur ground good

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i dont know what ohm the amp is. i guess my ground is good. i had it professionally installed yesterday afternoon.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2119
if the amp is wired in stereo your fine at 4 0hms but if its mono and wired for 8 ohms your fine again but wired for 2 ohms bridged your not.....trust me NO pyramid amp is stable 2 ohms mono and will shut down if wired that way but return on after it cools down unless it fried

Gold Member

Post Number: 2122
take it back where you had it installed they will figure it out

danuguy
Unregistered guest
well i have one sub hooked into each channel and my amp is a two channel so i guess it is wired in stereo but i dont know about the ohms.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i need it fixed 2night. cuz it needs to be ready to thump 2morrow morning. so if u could rack ur brain help me figure it out i would REALLY REALLY appreciate it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2124
you may have blown the subs from distortion because there was no crossover on them in stereo mode or you played them too loud as well....the stereo shop should have known better than to do stereo mode without a crossover

Username: Shorty26

Post Number: 4
might want to check your fuses too

Username: Rowland336

Post Number: 3
If the protect light is on, check inline fuse size. & check to see if the fuse is blown on the amp.

Username: Rowland336

Post Number: 5
How did the system work before the problem? Did you play it loud? Did you use it for a long time? was the amp hot? Need some more info

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i didn't think of the amp getting hott. like i sed i just had them hooked up yesterday and that was the first time they had been taken out of the box. my cd player's volume goes up to 62 and i had on about 50 for about 3 and a half to 4 hours not long after i had them installed. and they worked fine until this mornin. i checked the fuse on the amp and the one on the power cable and the don't look blown.

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 94
ry disconecting you subs then turn the amp on and see if you protection light is off.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
there's not an on or off switch on the amp. there's only a light that says power above it and a light that says protct above it. i dont know if that matters but i'll go try it.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
i just tried it and nuthin happened.the protect light is still on and the power light is not coming on.

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 95
are you getting power to the amp.if you can take a piece of wire and touch it to the powerside of the amp then touch then touch te other side to some were or your car thats bare metal and see if it sparks. but do it fastso the wire dont get hot and blow the fuse\

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 223
Pleas don't do that unless you want to buy a new amp. If the protect light is on, you have power to you amp. If you had your head unit at 50 you might have clipped you subs. Unhook all sub wires and the light should go off. If it does not go out then you may have burden the output in the amp up. You can also hook the sub up to something else and see if the work. But the best bet is take it back. What size fuse is in the amp?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 569
Yeah what size is the fuse on the amp or if theres more then one what is there total value added together? and what is the size of the fuse on the the power wire under the hood? Or where ever you have it.

danuguy
Unregistered guest
the one that is under the hood is a 20 amp fuse. the one on the amp is a 15 amp fuse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us