My AMP wont turn off even when i turn the engine off, why?

Username: Dave_wigan

Post Number: 2
Ive just bought a Golf MK4 and installed a sound system but when i turn the engine off and take the keys out of the ignition the AMP doesnt turn off. The only way i can get the amp to turn off is by disconnecting the remote lead but this is a pain and if i leave the amp on it will flatten my battery, does anyone know why this happens, please help, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 286
It sounds like there is a problem with your headunit. If you can grab a multimeter, measure the output of the remote out wire from the headunit when the car is off and see if it's putting out 12vdc. If it is, you're going to need to have the headunit checked. Also...not to be ignorant, but did you hook it up to the blue/white wire coming off the headunit?

Anonymous

ive heard this problem before and it always comes back to poor wiring/ did you do the install or a company because i know where i got my wiring done they offered full time warrenty on anything wrong with it but this sounds like poor wiring check it/take it in to PROFESSIONALS and you'll be fine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us