Viper 791 w/o remote start

Unregistered guest
im looking for an alarm for my 98 camaro. so far i like the viper 971xv because it uses XHF and the lcd screen is uncluttered and very easy to read (the black widow and hornet are not). the price is decent as well.

the reason im questioning this alarm is a few of the features are unnecesary due to my manual transmission (remote start not workable), and my no power window/lock.

is there anyway i can get a custom viper alarm or something that suites my needs a little better. maybe someone out there knows where i can find an alarm closer to what im looking for. i feel like the $240 msrp on the 791xv is mostly due to the remote start

Username: Gemini21

Shreveport, LA

Post Number: 3
Get the 690xv from http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=13954&c=0508Froogle& b=Viper_690XV it's $148 or you can get the 791xv refurbished for $152 like I did. I think I am still going to hook up the remote start even though I have a manual. It comes with a toggle switch.

bpalmer
Unregistered guest
You can use the remote start with a manual trans, you will just have to install it yourself. take the neutral sence wire and throughthe toggel switch supplied attach it to ground. it will work just fine. Thats waht I did with my Jeep. Just amke sure you don't leave it in gear and hit the start button.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us