Help Picking Out In Dash DVD And Cd Player (Most Bang For My Buck)

Username: Tysp2

Post Number: 1
Ok I have a 2000 Volvo S40 and id like to put in a motorized In-Dash DVD Player And A Radio that can support a nice amp and sumbs when i get the money...i knew next to nothing about any of this and have no clue what to buy...i am not looking to spend to much money...i saw some decent in-dash dvd players on ebay for around 250 but i have no clue what to do about the radio for the system...help...remeber on a budget THANKS so much
-Tyler Hegamyer

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 244
I thought the majority of decent in dash systems had their own built in amplifiers/Tuners/CD players? Are you looking at the stand-alone pre-amp only models? All you really need of a headunit is an auxiliary input to play the audio with, if that's the case.

Bronze Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 55
I dunno about bang for buck but eclipse http://www.eclipse-web.com makes are great units IMO. But it really depends on your needs.

Personaly I don't care for in dash DVD's all that much because you can't actualy use them while driving....I'd much rather go for a navigation system myself.

Post Number: 2
Wow that Eclipse stuff is damn expencive lol...i am not really sure what i need..i want to put in a indash dvd player and later some LCD screens in the head rests but i dont know if alond with the in dash dvd if i need another radio to operate seperate subs/amp...??

Post Number: 3
anyone

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
If the DVD/LCD has an internal amplifier built in, it's guaranteed to have some type of control over your subs and whatnot...if it doesn't list anything like that, it most likely will require a seperate headunit to control everything.

Post Number: 4
Ok Thanks Alot....Does Anyone Know A Good In-Dash Dvd Player With LCD Screen That Has A Built In Internal Amlifier To Control Subs With that Is Under Or Around $500????

megan
Unregistered guest
I'm looking for the same thing and the best I've found is the Pyle brand - 7" screen w/ player are around 500, 5" screen and player around 340. Hope it helps

Silver Member

Post Number: 637
If you have to resort to Pyle, you would be better off not buying anything at all.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 194
Sorry to let you down, but those $250 in dash guys are only a monitor. If you want to be able to play music, dvds, radio and such, you have to pay at least 2-4 times that.

The cheapest one I'd even look at would be:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32825%26item%3D5783254806% 26

I would never buy it, but might consider it for someone else looking for a cheap all-in-one.

Post Number: 5
I'd Spend Up To $600 for one that could do everything...has monitor...plays music/dvd's...subwoofer control.

1.whats good between 500-600 (if it had NAV it would be a DEF bonus)
2.and what does it mean if it is NAV ready...
3.how much would it cost to have NAV up and running on a NAV Ready one)

Post Number: 6
up

Post Number: 7
up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us