Hey subfan ;).. lookie

Bronze Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 31
Any good at installing components? I also need some advice on other things...

I need to buy some
1.Components ( please suggest )
2. 6x9s
3. Hifonics BRUTUS AMPS ( I can't afford ):-(
4.a Capacitor to go with my kicker
5. ... wanna help me get some of this stuff when I come down to get some help making a speakerbox?:-)

lemme know lol

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3578
well, honestly, i wouldnt get 6x9's, but what kind of car you have?

Bronze Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 32
2002 celica GT

just got a trd spoiler for it and I have no clue how to put it on either :-(..

http://i3.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/a5/4a/3f_1_b.JPG

no 6x9s? that's fine ^_^

but yea besides that.. err yea that's my car ;). lol.

Also, know how to mount the amp to the back of one of the seats? My installer did it to my rockford it's the lockseats so I can lay them down, pretty neat look.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3580
yea i can do all of that no prob, and install the spoilor no problem. nice car though

Bronze Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 33
:-D i'll pay ya for helping, least I can do bro.
thanks for the complement, lot to do to it yet, trying to order some trd side skirts and can't seem to get " just them " without buying the full kit :-(. Got any connection on that kind of stuff? lol

Also, think infinitys would be good components? Or what do you suggest?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3582
for side skirts without buying the full body kit, go to www.andysautosports.com and you can get them , yea infinity references, kappas, and perfects are great, im putting 6.5 perfects in my car. lol.

Bronze Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 34
YAY they got them for 161, lol finally...

The day I come down bro, shall be a day of work and celicaness... bwhahahaha.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3587
lol, actually i am up, not down lol. but yea come on up and we will put on your spoiler and build that box

Bronze Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 35
;) will do.. i'll keep in touch

Aim- Justin CelicaGT
MSN- ff7_justin@msn.com

my contact info.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 438
Why do you guys waste money on buying useless pieces of body paneling instead of using the money to make your car faster. *boggled*

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2551
Because some of those useless pieces of body paneling can look pretty d@mn sweet. What would a regular guy that lives in the city need a car that flies for? As long as it get's around good, besides, gas is too expensive.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3588
yea jake, i am out to make my car look NICE, well i was until i got the new car, but whats the pooinmt in pouring money into a neon to make it "semi fast"

Bronze Member
Username: Latinloverny

Post Number: 12
hey Subfanatic.. What year is your neon? I am planning on getting a 2000 or 2002 neon... what subs u recommended getting for it? I was looking into getting a pair of alpin X. my boy has 2 12" alpin type r's in his Lexus rx.. and they pounddd!!! they make my nose tickle!! lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3596
lol, i have a 98 neon, but honestly, i hate having subs in this car, you cant get rid of the rattles, lol, but if anything go for sq in this car, NOT SPL, cause you wont get it, the cabin gain is horrindus lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 78
hey subfan... can i add u to my msn??? we can talk there.... do u have msn subzer0???? if u do then tell me

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3597
i do but i dont get on it, my email is bebuzzin11@hotmail.com, my aim is nushaganazad

Bronze Member
Username: Latinloverny

Post Number: 13
Sub.. I need SPL!! I need it!!!! lol.. so you telling me it wont sound good in a neon.. well the body of the 2000 and up are diff then the 98' so there might be a change.. am I right? do you have aim or aol?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3602
my aim name is NUSHAGANAZAD

Bronze Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 22
I have alot of respect for you guys. I've been reading all over this forum, and I'm impressed.
Maybe you could offer a suggestion for me...
I have a 2000 Ford Mustang convertible with a 900 watt 1ohm mono amp. I'm looking for a new sub, but mainly:
When I used to drop the top, I lost ALOT of sound and spl. It sucked! (that's with 10" in trunk)
So, I moved it... to the passenger foot area facing the engine, back toward the seat. That helped ALOT. I mean big time (when it comes to the way it sounds with the top down, & out of the car)it sounded better, plus the vibrations stopped like 75%. I was very pleased, but I feel like I lost some of spl & sq. What can I do? Sealed is all I really have room for, and the whole car vibrates so bad. Dynamat, etc. is out of the question (too expensive) Please help. Specific advise would be best because I'm still a novice. Thanks everyone for reading. Peace.

Bronze Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 37
you're not losing any sound/thump .. it's just being heard by people outside the car now.. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us