Alphasonik PSW812?

Carter Robertson
Unregistered guest
Anyone know anything about the Alphasonik PSW812?s, or anything about any Alphasonik subs. Please tell me if you do and what you think of them.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 498
http://geek.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=4097268#descript ion

It says not recommended for sealed enclosures at the bottom. If you had any thaught of putting one in a sealed enclosure.

low sensitivity and there is no RMS power only max. It is dual voice coil 2+2 ohms.

I would stay away from it.

Also i found this
http://www.alphasonik.com/800Subs.htm

here it says the RMS is the max?

Carter Robertson
Unregistered guest
so dont get them?

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 501
I wouldn't, you can get something more reputable and reliable for cheaper.

Carter Robertson
Unregistered guest
Like maybe the Infinity Kappa Perfects?

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 503
yeah, those are good subs.

Carter Robertson
Unregistered guest
do you have any other suggestions for subs around the 150-200$ range that sound really good?

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 506
Alpine Type R

My friends bro just got one and it sounded great but if your lookin for great sound The box is probaly the most important thing.

So yeah a type R in a recomended sized enclosure will sound great.

also some other subs to look at like the atlas, and I cant think of any thing else.

Username: Jonklly5

Post Number: 1
Alpine type r's suck. SENSITIVITY RATINGS is what you should be looking at. For every 3 dbs of sensitivity, you double your rms wattage. Dont get a sub below 93 dbs of sensitivity/efficiency. DOES ANY1 SUPPORT ME ON THIS? Id say go with The Infinity's but the alphasoniks are good subs...they are made of kevlar thats very durable.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 520
lol, wtf are you talking about sensitivity is the speakers reactance, yes it is true that if using the same wattage a speaker with a higher sensitivity will be alittle louder and were talking not noticable with the human ear and thats at like 1 watt. Say you have 2 speakers with the same RMS one has 82 and one 93 the one with 93 will take slightly lower wattage to reach the same volume as the other one with lower sensitivity and when i say lower wattage i mean about 20 so it barely makes a difference.

Post Number: 3
SO what is more important? efficiency or sensitivity? how the hell do you measure how good a sub is by looking at the specs.

Post Number: 4
And by the way what the heck is wrong with the alphasoniks? Do you guys like Jl w6v2's or focal 33kx better?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2579
Jon, to put it lightly, your dead wrong. When it comes to subwoofers, sensitivity ratings are pretty much uselss. Aside from the fact that they really don't even matter much when you have as many watts as subs use involved, there are many different methods companies can use to get the sensitivity rating, and often times the numbers are flubbed.

Post Number: 5
ok, ive never been told that b4...Ok but what about efficiency is that important? if not..what is!

Anonymous

Get this subs my friend has them and they sound way way way louder then 2 12s X X X...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3291%26item%3D5776174654% 26
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us