4,000 watts to play with.

Dodge Madness
Unregistered guest
I have 4,000 watts and the back of a durango to play with. This will be my last system and be used mostly as a daily driver.

My power source is four memphis 1000d's with appropiate battery power, and soon after upgraded alternator. That's what I have to play with.

The subwoofers that I am currently looking at are between four kicker L7152 or four Audiobahn 1505Qs. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 82
i would find something besides kicker and audiobahn. how about 4 15" Resonant Engineering XXX 1000 watts a piece wouldnt push them to their full potential but they would still be awesome. what is your price range. kicker and audiobahn will hit really hard but will have horrible sq, go to www.reaudio.com and look at their subs.

Dodge Madness
Unregistered guest
I probably wouldn't want to spend more then a thousand or so on the subs. I'm in the mind for four fifteens. I've had experiences with Kicker and Audiobahn, Cerwin-Vega, and Memphis. My last system was 1,000 watts less but had six HPOs. I'm more SPL then SQ when it comes to my music...loud is good that's why I was thinking of the L715.

Anonymous

try re audio's MT, a great spl sub

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2545
MT = NOT a daily driver, which is what he wants.

If your he!l bent on four subs, then pick up four Image Dynamics ID MAX's. 1000 wrms a piece, will get plenty loud compared to stupid audiobahn and kicker, and you'll have the best sounding system around. They'er usualy on ebay for about 250 - 300 shipped, which wouldn't be a ton over a grand for 4 subs.

werd
Unregistered guest
werd

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 161
Yea get a couple x.x.x's and youll have a bad a$$ system.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3581
how about 1 18 inch Ti pro lol

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 387
i like subfans idea.... that or 4 15 inch RE sx i think it is... i dont really know the price on them though...

and subfan has the package gone out yet?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1430
i think the brahma is the best daily driver. has a good low fs unlike its sister the triple x, which sucks, and i believe has shorter voice coils now making it more effienct. id go with it.

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 85
hunter why do you say the XXX sucks?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1434
im not sayin it sucks at all. i just think that the brahma is a better driver. they are both awesome subs but i like the brahma more. just go look at their stats

Dodge Madness
Unregistered guest
Truthfully what is wrong with the L7? I know some of the problems with the older models but I though the new ones fixed those issues.

I have no true experience with RE and I think it may be just a little out of what I am looking to spend. I know the Triple Xs are not to sure about the line beneath that.

werd
Unregistered guest
the l7's are square. There is the problem. This causes added stress points and makes the sound quality similar to the sound you get when an elephant r@pes a lawyer.

Dodge Madness
Unregistered guest
What if I went with two subs instead of four. Perhaps two high quality eighteens or fifteens. I would have to run two of my amps together and lose about 200 watts out of 2,000 but it could be much cleaner and perhaps as hard hitting?

Course I've never done anything like that and don't know how to do the wiring or what would be the choice speaker for such an application. Perhaps the RE Triple X or the Memphis Mojo?

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 87
if i was you i would either go with 4 15" XXXs or 4 12" IDMAXs

Dodge Madness
Unregistered guest
Is there a reason why you would suggest this? The Triple X is rated at 2500 watts and usually such speakers can take more then their rating. Why would four under powered speakers do better then two adequately powered speakers?

Anonymous

the triple x is rated at 1600 but will reach full excursion with 1000 watts

Dodge Madness
Unregistered guest
So it is your belief that 1,000 watts is a better use then 1,800 watts? Does anyone know the price of the Triple X? IS it bettr then the new Mojo?

Anonymous

the price for a 12" shipped is 405 and If the sub will reach full excrusion with 1000 watts then so be it. 1600 is the thermal rating not the mechanical.

Dodge Madness
Unregistered guest
Then that puts it out of my price range. Four twelves would be at the least 1,620 dollars. Four fifteen edging into the 2,000 dollar mark.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
i think the brahma is the best daily driver. has a good low fs unlike its sister the triple x, which sucks, and i believe has shorter voice coils now making it more effienct. id go with it.

Well...
Brahma 12D2 19 Hz Xmax 28.5mm
Brahma 12D4 25 Hz Xmax 28.5mm
REX.X.X12 27 Hz Xmax 32mm

so which would you rather have more xmax or lower hz?

Anonymous

BUMP DAMN YOU!!

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1504
lower hertz, and how much of a difference is 3.5 mm of xmax goin to make? i think that post was read wrong, im not sayin the x sucks i was tryin to say that the fs being so high sucks. and the brahma doesnt need a lot of space to operate, works good in smaller boxes

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
I know what you meant, I agree, I was just stating facts.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1507
i understand, i just cant believe how high the fs is, never hit me till now, im getting a ava 15 and the fs is like 15 and thats crazy

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 138
mabey some shocker audio sig series 15's now that would be loud
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us