Out with old, need help with new

Bronze Member
Username: Karma_kills

Post Number: 12
Ok ive been asking how to install my crappy sony subs. well thats exactly wat they are/were. the left one was already blown when i got it, so im gonna send it all back and start over. Im gonna have less than 500 to spend on amp, sub and box. i plan on Ebaying and would like some good names to look out for. NOT SONY PLEASE!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 96
sony sucks balls, same with legacy and boss

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
well i know not to buy audiobhan, sony, and a few other obvious ones. but what about kicker, rockford fosgate, infinity, mtx, stuff like that. i need to know WHAT to get, not what NOT to get. should i go with three 10s, or two 12s or even bigger? whats a good inexpensive amp? please help!

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 55
audiobahn does make good stuff. dont let what other people say convince you there not. im not saying all there subs and amps are the best.but fo 500 bucks you could get some nice $hit from audiobahn and it will pound.

Anonymous

They should make a seperate subwoofer forum for poeple who support crap like audiobahn, Sony, pyle, pyramid and others im to embarrassed to mention.

Joseph sounds like a preacher and audiobahn is his god "Dont let the temptations and beliefs of others lead you away from almighty Audiobahn."

Bronze Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 57
if i support audiobahn i can. i didnt say there the best but who says your $hits the best. o thats right your anonymous. dont know what you got do we. shoot shut your d!ck sucking hole.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 495
lol, Ive never seen someone take something so seriously. lol, "shoot shut your d!ck sucking hole."

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 229
Noob wars! I have my cash($2.37) on Anonymous!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3937
*ahem* back to the original topic. You could find a JBL 600.1 on Ebay cheap, usually they go for around $150 or so. Leaving $350, you could find some really nice subs like Adire Audio Shivas, Image Dynamics IDQs, or a better single sub such as an ID Max, Adire Audio Brahma, both work well with that power level. The rest could be put on the box.

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 226
lol. your as rich as me dude... Alright Ty, Heres just some names that are "THE BEST". IDQ Max subs are good subs for the price, brahma, RE. Those are top of the line brands, expensive but there are good deals on ebay. I saw a 180$ IDQ 12" the other day. Wish i had the money. If you want good brands for cheaper than those. Infinity has nice stuff, Mtx aswell is more price saver. Rockford Fosgate is good also, but more overrated. I do not like their subwoofers. Kicker is good. Audiobahn is alright, their amps are the better side of them but its not going to be anything to show off. Some JBL is good too. Look around for those brands. Every1 has their own opinion but those are commonly seen.

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 227
If you goto www.Ascendantaudio.com they have Great! subwoofers, the Ava's and Atlas are amazing subwoofers for the price and they are on a clearout sale right now so if you want great subwoofers that EVERY1 on this site would support with full extent. Get them A.s.a.p. remeber tho. 2 12" Atlas would put out roughly the same output and sound as 1 15" ava. The ava is more space saving because the box reqirments for the 2 12's would me much greater. 1 Ava would PUMP. 2 12's would look nice.(i have). And as for an amp. im running a Phoenix Gold 600.1 monoblock amp. The kicker 600.1 amp is just about the same except for a few little specs and price is rougly the same also. The PG's and Atlas look great together. Look into it and tell me what you thing

Bronze Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 54
Yea Pharoh I got your same set up. In fact i think you are the one who recommended me to get the PG AMP. Im still wating for box and then im good to go.What do u have ur atlas's tuned at? Thanks for the help with my ss really appreciate it.

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 231
haha i think i was eh :P. My atlas are in snailshells. My bud baught one and i just copy'd 2 off of it. The specs on tuning n shiznat would be on their site. Ill find out and post in a minute or 2

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 232
Enclosure size 11 ft3 8 ft3 6.5 ft3

Port tuning 16 Hz 19 Hz 21 Hz

Power handling 250 watts 300 watts 300 watts

Thats for a ported 15" Atlas. They dont have the specs on a 12 inch ported. I asked and they said Running them in an IB setup would sound good to. Just would hit alot harder due to the fact there is no air suspension to react with the movment of the cone as in a sealed or ported box. If you want specs for a box for 1 or 2 atlas 12's, post a new thread and ask James Longo for your answer, hes a fan of them :P

Bronze Member
Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 41
It all depends on the budget. Condering you have 500$ to spend, Audiobahn amps (at least) if not their woofers (I've used several) should be considered. Listen to what you can before you make a purchase.

I'm 100% satisfied with both the SQ and SPL delivered from my Audiobhan components for the price. There is always going to be something better, but you have to choose a happy medium.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanks guys, i think i have a pretty good idea of what to look for. peace out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
what about a couple of infinity Kappa perfects? are they any good?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i saw a pair kappa p 12" vq on ebay. should i run with um?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us