Amp subs still on when cars turned off? SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT

Anonymous

they said that when you turn your car off your amp and subs are still on just not generating/pushing out power but there still on-- True/False?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2536
False, unless you have the accessory on.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 484
It could be if it gets installed wrong and the remote wire is accidently hooked up directly to the battery.

Anonymous

well they said you need some type of switch to turn it on.. and whats a normal install??? lol obviously im new to car audio

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2538
Yeah, but not likely. Only way is if they ran the remote wire to the fuse box, and found a fuse that was hot all the time, or, like you said, they ran the remote wire to the battery, which would be dumb.

Anonymous

well my friend swears by it that if you don't have this "turn-off" swithch your amp is still on just not producing any power-- he also told me that alot of people don't know that and you need some remote turn off(he said he asked pro installers n stuff)

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 486
The remote comes out of the HU and it only gets power when the HU is on. basically your HU is your switch OK? and who is this BTW? hope its not a regular on this forum.

Anonymous

haha no it's my friend who swears i am wrong and he's right( he listens to whatever his brother tells him which is like 26) and he's tellin everyone else this and now there all getting these switches n stuff haha i dunno i tell them to save there money but they listen to him-- thanks for the facts tho guys thats why i love this forum

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2542
Yeah, lol. Ask anybody that has had an amp properly installed if their battery has ever died because their amp was drawing current when the car was off....

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2543
Where are they putting their switches? I hope their not putting switches right on their main power lines, because your not gonna ever find a toggle/rocker switch that can handle more than 35 - 45 amps of draw. Biggest I've ever seen was a 55 amp toggle switch. If you want to put a switch on your power line, you need something bigger.

Bronze Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 18
yeah i heard about this too. some guy at my school said every time he got out of his car he had to get into his trunk and disconnect his amp, i just can't see how you could actually hook up something without the remote going into your head unit. it comes with most wiring kits that you buy. haha.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 488
I mean the only reasonable thing I could thing witch is kinda cool is have a switch inbetween the HU and the amp interrupting the remote that could be mounted like under the dash or somewhere. And someone gets in the car and you could turn it and there like is that it? And you flip the switch to Sub amp and thier like holy $hit what happened. Or when you see a cop and you gotta shut down quick.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidalexander

Graham, Texas Us

Post Number: 11
well i have the same problem i bought my amp used and the some of the lights are on all the time and the amp only works when the cd player is on but it not the remote wire because the amp comes on as soon as the power and ground are hooked up no remote hooked up

Anonymous

yea thats what im talkin bout-- whats david doing wrong or what did he do wrong-- david did you do your install or was ir professionally done?

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 491
If it does have a light on and it is truly hooked up right then it wouldn't technically be on but more of a standby? Which would be the most retarded thing ever. And a little light like that most likely wouldn't drain the battery so you wouldn't have to disconnect the amp everytime you used it but if you do then thats the most retarded thing i ever heard and BTW what kind of amp is it david?

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 82
yea that used to happen when i had a really reeally cheap amp it just means the amp is shitt hahahaha

Bronze Member
Username: Davidalexander

Graham, Texas Us

Post Number: 12
i installed it but ive done many systems it is something internally i dont know about the insides of an amp very well its an audiobahn a1300hct i no i no but thats not the problem

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 517
I think you know, that I know, that you know its the amp lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us