Speakers suitable for Pioneer DEH-p4700 reciever

Username: Prabhu

2323 T st , NE USA

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Pioneer DEH-P4700MP reciever for my Honda Civic-92. I tried putting a pair of Pioneer TSA1681-R speakers on the rear. But I find that these speakers sound much poorer than the factory speakers(infact, the sound was very distorted and it seemed as a noise rather than music).
The RMS output of the reciever is 22W X4, and the RMS of the speakers is 50W.

I would appreciate if anybody can tell if the power of the speakers and the reciever are matching or do I need to get a lower power speakers. Could there be some other reason for the poor sound quality of the speakers.

Thank you in advance for your valuble suggestions,
Regards,
Prabhu.

vsvas
Unregistered guest
Pioneer is only good in headunits, spekers are not that great, try

1)infinity kappas -coaxial
2)infinity reference -coaxial
3)polk db's - co-axial

2323 T st , NE USA

Post Number: 2
Thank you for the reply vsvas.

I have tried the infinities, but the problem with them is that 6.5' speakers from infinity dont get installed in the factory location of my Honda. Its only pioneers that can be installed in the slot provided.

The pioneers were good in the store where I listened to some of my favourite music. Is it something to do with the installation that they sound so bad in my car?

Thank You,
Prabhu.

vsvas
Unregistered guest
In stores they use baffles or somekind of PVC pipe enclosures, so they sound prettygood.
What are the spekersizes that fit your vehecle.

One morething Speker RMS doesn't matter, i am running polk db650 which are 60 RMS off of my headunit.

Username: Yebbanator

Post Number: 5
i just got the pioneer DEH-3700 50w x 4. i just put a couple 5.25 sony explode and surprizingly they sound great. i dunno whats with the honda speaker sizes. my 93 accord is supposed to fit 6.5 but they dont. It's true, RMS doesn't really matter for the headunit, just the more RMS the louder and better sounding the speakers will be. and what kind of noise are u talking about? did u use sound deadener? my original foam was gone on my 93 so yours must be too...

2323 T st , NE USA

Post Number: 3
Thank You guys for your replies.

There is no noise coming seperately, its just the distortion of speakers that seems as noise.
The actual sizes that fit 92-civic are 5.25', but the pioneer 6.5' fit perfectly into the factory location.

Think I will try a pair of components and see if they sound better.

Thanks,

Prabhu.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us