1 sub vs. 2 what will be louder/better

Anonymous

1 15" atlas
2 12" Kicker CRV(2005 model)

both are same price so whats going to be louder(spl) but also whats the best for my money

im really looking for some loud bass

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3515
the 2 12s i believe, guys we havbe highly underestimated these subs, i saw a guy with 2 of these in a truck and is the second loudest system i hve ever personally heard

Anonymous

sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!! so would you recommend these 2 subs over the 15" atlas?

i've heard alot of good thins on the atlas but that second loudest system stuff sounds nice.. lol i got 2 more questions theres the subs that run 2ohm and 4ohm/ so if i ran the 2 2ohms bridged it would be 4ohm/ and i ran the 4ohms bridged it would be 2ohm what would be the better ones(is there a difference) ALSO how is the SQ on those subs i know the atlas is GREAT but you said you heard these.. how are they

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3518
yea but this was also an install by a professional on his own car in an extreme truck

Anonymous

would you have any idea what amp he was running?? im looking at some MTX/audiobahn--any good amp reccomendations on the amp?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3519
i dnot remember, this saturday ill find out

Anonymous

thanks for all your help sub.. imma order some off ebay probably tomorrow:-) unless someone tells me that 15" atlas from Ascendant Audio will be better

Anonymous

does anyone else know what would be better because im orederin tomorrow and don't want to get the wrong think--lol that would suck

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2498
Don't hold me to this, but I'm guessing as well, that the CVR's maybe louder. The Atlas is claimed to have excellent sq though. Either way man. Both setups are cheap, and you won't spend a ton for an amp either. It's your call.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3527
dude, joe, you should have heard this setup, every friday and saturday night, me and my friend go to "the scenes" lol, its office depots and pier 1s parking lot, and everyone with there fast as hell cars and loud systems shows up, there is actually like 3 loud systems, mine, mikes, and kevins, and we lal meet up there, and mike in his explorer has 4 15 inch memphises, kevin, have 2 15 inch kicker comp vrs in his extreme, and these are the 2 loudest systems i have EVER heard, they are insane, i like idolize these guys, they are like 28 and 30, they are teaching me a ton, andhoneslty im not sure about what i have learned on here, ive been told that ported boxes boxes will yield the best spl, and sealed best sq, but i dont know if i believe this anymore, mike showed me, they both work and own audioworks, and they both are using sealed boxes, and my Ti in its ported box doesnt get anywhere close to there stuff in sealed boxes,, so im doing sealed from now on because its just nuts. i dont know what to do lol

Anonymous

yea this is my first ever system and i heard almost everyones starter system sucks a@@ when they go on a budget of like 400$ like me-- but imma kick my friends a@@ with these subs lol i can't wait/ i live in iowa HAHA yes it is as bad as everyone says it is and no im not a country boy-- i don't think a country boy would be pimpin out his car with subs/rims- thanks for the help guys!!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1253
Hey Anonymous this comes with the box loaded and ready tuned to 38hz. 400 rms each for a total of 800 rms and each sub is dual 2 ohm voice coils.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-Dual-12-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Package-DCVR12 -/sem/rpsm/oid/117529/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3541
thats realy expensive

Gold Member

Post Number: 1254
more info here http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC05DCVR122

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2507
Yeah it is...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1255
Subfanatic and Joe how does he spl of these kickers compare to that of a Avalanche 15 ?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3543
idk, i heard 2 15 comp vrs and they blew my mind, OMG I DONT KNOW ANYTHING! im soo aggrevated

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2510
Yeah, can't say MO. I've only heard a single 12" CVR.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1256
Have you heard the 12 comp vrs that i showed you there like the one annonymous wants?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2512
No, I heard an older one. You would think there wouldn't be much difference though...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3032
Hey MO stop worrying the Avalanche will be planty loud for you:-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2516
He sounds just like me. Won't be happy till it's in his car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1257
lol..Hey Joe do you have the Avalanche 15 like james and me?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2520
I've been waiting to buy one for sooo long man, it's not funny. I'm having problems raising money, nobody seems to want to buy guitars these days. I got an Orion HCCA 250 G4 sitting in my closet just waiting for an Avalanche though.

If something happens, and I can't get one in time though, I might possibly buy one from James. I'll probably get a SoundSplinter RL-P 15" though.

Anonymous

yea i was seriously considering a 15" also but i realized i would have to go with a crappy amp if i went with that sub hence why im going for the atlas or these kickers-- deffinately goin to do the kickers tho thx guys-- I'LL BE BANGIN IN IOWA LOL i live in like the ghettost town iowa offers tho so i'll prolly have a crappy system considered to others

Gold Member

Post Number: 1258
You definetly gotta get one since you have that Orion HCCA 250g4 amp. I tried to get one but had no luck. VERY RARE. I only want used and not refurb. But i decided on going with a CrossFire VR1000D so i got one new. Cant wait to push 1000 x 1 @ 1 ohm to it and feel it hit. I am going sealed also.

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 98
what would be louder 2 12inch kicker cvr's ported or 2 15inch atlas's sealed

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3560
your comparing apples to oranges

Gold Member

Post Number: 1268
2 12" Kicker CVRs in that 38hz ported box it comes in will be louder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us