Need help on amps?

Username: Bigtruck95

Post Number: 2
i just bought three brand new 12 inch Alpine typer R subs and i want to get three amps one for each sub. What is the best type of amp to get for max power for these subs without blowing them. Also will i need a capacitor for my system.

Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 7
well you would have to provide the RMS wattage of the subs. And if you are getting 3 amps then your amps RMS wattage should match the RMS wattage of your subs. And you will definitely need a capacitor. Recommend a 3 farad capacitor. I saw this same combination on 3 10" pioneer that had an RMS wattage of 800 and 3 Jenson 800 watt RMS 1600 watt max. A 3 farad cap and it was monsterous bass.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1496
for those subs, you're talking about 300Wrms per sub.
I'd look at something from Kicker, in the 300W monoblock class D range. I don't know if you have 2 or 4 Ohm subs, so I can't tell you which model amp to go with.
one per sub will work nicely.
a capacitor won't do anything for you. what you'll need is a high output alternator to handle those amps.

Unregistered guest
I just had a sony 4 channel amp hooked up to my alpine head unit to power my sub. The amp was bridged and everything works fine, except if you try to play a CD. The amp doesn't even recieve a signal from the headunit. The other speakers are fine, and the sub works fine if you listen to the radio.

So what's wrong?
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us