Why all the Audiobahn hate?

Bronze Member
Username: Dano9258

Post Number: 42
I used to have a RF 600watt rms amp with (2) 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect subs. It was good, but not much power.

So i bought a MTX 5601D 600 watt rms amp with (2) Audiobahn 121T 12" subs. Wow! What a difference. The system pounds alot better at half the volume as it did with the old system. The audiobahn subs are great.

So why all the Audiobahn hate? It seems to me that they are great for the money, and I have the last laugh on all of you paying more for crapier products.

Silver Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 133
my AW1206t's cost me $100 each brand new, and they replaced my 2 rockford fosgate Punch level 3 10's, they are rediculously louder, and sound better. So either audiobahn does not have bad sound quality, or Rockford fosgate has horrendious sound quality. They are great subs for their price, they cant keep up with the top end subs, but that should be understood as they cost way less. From my experience they are better than MTX, Rockford Fosgate, Alpine ( yes they blew away my freinds 2 Type X's and sounded better); and they cost much less than all of these brands.

Bronze Member
Username: Dano9258

Post Number: 46
i would agree.

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 87
u think that your audiocrap AW1206t's can blow away two alpine type X. you are dreaming. i think ur suffering from a self fulfilling prophcey of some sort where u so much want your audiobahns to be good not only to u but to others since its a crappy product that u just hear it that way all the time w/o even considering what u r up against. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
oh and by the way i have heard those audiocrap subs over and over cause i have some dumb audiofreaks as friends and they did not blow away a 12" alpine type x.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
oh and by the way i have heard those audiocrap subs over and over cause i have some dumb audiofreaks as friends and they did not blow away a 12" alpine type x.

allende5
Unregistered guest
You're comparing apples to oranges. The Infinity subs you're referring to are only a 400W RMS sub. You're comparing it to a 550W RMS Audiobahn sub. The other guy is comparing a 500W RMS Fosgate with a 1100W RMS Audiobahn sub.

No one is claiming Audiobahn is less expensive. Hell, I run Audiobahn amps. I like them. But to claim that Audiobahn is better than some of the brands mentioned above is just plain ignorant.

If your Audiobahn AW1206 subs blew away your friends Type-X, then I would really like to know what amp was used to make the comparison. I would also like to know:

1) What was the volume of his enclosure
2) Was the type-x enclosure ported or sealed
...a) if ported, port diameter and depth of the port
3) What frequency was the type-x crossed over at

...I'm sure I can come up with more questions, but I won't.

You can't just get all willy nilly and through a sub in any enclosure you wish and run a sample taste test against another sub, unless you've configured and tuned your system properly. I'm sorry, but if you're friends type-x sounds like crap to your Audiobahn sub, your friend needs to figure out whats wrong with his setup and fix it.

If you ever designed a box before, you'll know that having the wrong diameter port or wrong enclosure volume can change everything. If you're friend cannot answer the questions above regarding his type-x enclosure, he wasted about $400 on his type-x and needs to stick with Audiobahn and save money.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
there u go allende5.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us