Foam baffles for door speakers???Jonathon , Glass???

Bronze Member
Username: Transam396

Mcdonough, Ga Usa

Post Number: 11
hi I have a 04 F150 supercrew that i'm putting 4 infinity 5x7 ref speakers I have heard some ppl say to use the foam baffles that u put behind the speaker to tighten up the sound and make it sound better is this a good investment as money is tight???

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3928
They kill your midbass response. Only use IMO is to protect the speakers from water, but in a well sealed door that shouldn't be an issue anyway. Me personally, I'd rather invest the time and money into sound deadening the door, it will improve SQ, reduce outside road noise, improve your midbass response, and raise the apparent volume level because of the road noise being lowered.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1241
Hey jonathan i have image dynamic id chamoleon midbass speakers. I got some foam speaker baffle online. If i cut the circle in half off the foam baffle at the bottem where the speaker magnets is will it be ok to do. I just wanna keep it tight and dry so water wont get inside. Is that a good idea.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2961
MO, never cut holes in the baffle without first listening to your speakers. That's like punching a hole in a sub box randomly.
If you do have to make some, start with small hole, then increase the number of holes as needed to obtain desired sound.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1244
Hey isaac i ordered that foam speaker baffle from installer website you gave me. I just dont wanna kill my midbass with them. The user E on here told me to cut out half the circle on the bottem.. So im not sure

Gold Member

Post Number: 2965
I would first listen to your speakers then determine what's needed.
Once you make a hole, it's permanent.
Sometimes 1/2" hole is all that's needed to tune a baffle. No need to make a large one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1246
so a small tiny circle is what i should try before anything.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2967
Only if it's required. Try listening.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1250
So first listen to it with the foam baffle on right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2968
Yes, who knows, you might like the sound you get without holes. I've tested mine and for the setup I have, it works great. I don't need to punch any holes. But then again, I did tell you, I have 2 sets of components on my front door, one for mid bass (air tight enclosure) and one for midbass and midrange (baffle).

Gold Member

Post Number: 1251
air tight meaning no baffle just mounted to the door with dynamat i assume

Gold Member

Post Number: 2971
Nope, I made air tight enclosure with sound densening material inside out of 6" pvc pipe. I sealed all the joints/screws with glue and goop. It dries to semi hard finish. The speaker is like a rock. You can't really push it in with your finger. However, once power is supplied, it moves very fast.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1260
well we will see how this foam baffle works out. You recommended it so lets wait and see.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2975
Remember, listen carefully before drilling holes. If with baffle and without makes only 1%-3% sound difference, then it's best to not make any holes.
Baffle sealed help your speaker from bottoming out under heavy bass. That and weather proofing are 2 main reasons why people get it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1264
I will let you know if it helps or not.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 433
Hey Issac, do you happen to have any pictures of your setup at all? You can email me at arsonicconvergen@hotmail.com if you want to send some. I was just curious to see it.
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread or anything.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2980
I have no pictures yet. Still working on my car. I've just added 10m/11m CB radio in my car along with 200w booster. Now I'm looking for some kind of blinds for my car windows so that I can pull it down when parking. Just don't want crooks to look inside my car.
The hard part is balancing what's practical with looks. Last thing you want is an ugly looking car.
Maybe one day, I'll take some pictures. I also have infra red camera installed at the back. It lets me see in the dark (almost). Great when parking at night.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1269
Isaac has a 007 Car...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us