If i parallel wire these 2 ohm subs.........

Anonymous

hi people i got 2 2 ohm subs each of them are bridged to 2 ohms if i paralell both into 1 wire then it would become 1 ohm right? and if yes then is that good or bad for my subs because they are DVC and they only say 2 ohm bridgable and if i should not bridge them to 1 ohm then should i go back and wire them regularly then paralell them into 2 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 675
ummm.. you cant get a 1 ohm load with 2 2 ohm dvc subs. You can get a 8 ohm load, 2 ohm load and a .5 ohm load. the only one most people would recommend doing is the wiring them series-parrelel which will give you a 2 ohm load.

Anonymous

how would i do that in simple terms would it be like this
speakers is wired regular in 4 ohms in the box and then outside of the box then connect one wire positive to pos then negative to negative and then take another wire and put it into positve and negative of one terminal and plug it into the amp bridged mode.

Anonymous

some help here please

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 30
http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/#2dvcsp
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/TechPapers/DualVoiceCoilWiring.pdf

Anonymous

thanks for the website its really hepfull but in the third demonstration that would allow me to play 2 subs from using only one set of terminals on my amp but im kind of confused in this area my subs are 4 ohm or 2 ohm stable so if i do what the picture shows me on the website what would my subs be 2 ohm or 4 ohm my subs are 4 ohms though but it sais 2 ohms bridgable.

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 36
it sounds like you have 4 ohm subs. what is the model and number?

Anonymous

they are audiofonics 12" 2400 watts DVC

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 40
mofu's? if so then they are dual 2ohm and can be pushed with a 2channel amplifier bridged 2ohm mono, or just 2ohms. your amp of choice just has to be stable to bridge (combine into one channel) to that low of an impedence.
eg, my 2ohm brahma's would reach max excursion w/800w a piece. my amp is 2ohm stable, but can not be bridged to handle a 2ohm load. so, 2ohms w/my amp will give me 400x2 (not enough for me). if i were to bridge it 2ohms mono i would have 1600x1 (800x2). that would be perfect, except the amp can only handle a bridged (mono) load of 4ohm. thus, i was forced to get a 2nd identical amp and give each sub its own amp bridged 4ohm w/1600w a piece. better more than not enough.
as a pair, your speakers are able to run at 2 ohms or .5 ohms. 1ohm is not an option and not too many amps are stable down to .5ohms. so, it is the amp you have to be concerned about as it pertains to stability, not your subs. they will handle whatever ohms are available. if you had four subs, then you could wire them to 1ohm if the AMP is stable. the amp is the key.

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 41
i know you said audiofonics, not poweracoustic. i teach 4th graders and i'm on fumes right now. was searching by watts. what is the model number of those subs? b/c if they are 2ohms then all still applies.

Anonymous

my amp can handle up to 1 ohm and i dont remember my subs model it doesnt say on them either but i did bridge them the way the website sais and they sound fine they sound like they are on 2ohms because i had put them in bridge mode on my amp too. but i think i can bridge them cause they said 4 ohms so im supposeing that they are 4 ohms but bridgable to 2 ohms so i guess its fine and the website said that 4ohm DVC = to 4ohm so i think its fine.

Anonymous

and also i have another pair of 10" infinity subs they are an old model both are 4 ohms each SVC if i wire them in paralell would they blow in 2 ohms

Bronze Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 48
no. subs will not blow based on impedence. amps will. check out the chart again. if they can be wired that way, they will function.

Anonymous

then it should be fine because my amp can have 2 2ohm subs to it and one 1 ohm sub to it so i should be fine right
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us