Subfanatic

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 227
I know that you drive a neon and so i thought i would ask you. I have a neon and i installed an 10" subwoofer and im running it with 100 watts in a sealed box and it sounds like my car is going to fall apart. sounds like the trunk is rattling to death is your car this bad? Im afraid to install the system im almost done building in fear of my car breaking :-) just wondering if yours was this bad

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 375
what sub with 100 watts ratles your car so bad? lol

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3485
yea, i put 120 square feet of edead, and it still rattles to cr@p, its NUTES, it really really makes me mad, i really need a tip to fix it, its crazy lol

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2957
Subfanatic, have you thought of making a port into your cabin? The rattling will be far less if you let the bass "escape" via hole/port. I removed my rear speakers and used the holes as a "port". It got rid of the rattling by 30%. It also makes the bass sound louder in the cabin.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3488
isaac, would you like to see a pic, lol i dont have, but that is EXAACTLY what i did, lol.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2967
does it get any better when you fold down the rear seats, because I know you can fold them down. When I first met my wife she had a neon and I put a system in it (1-12) and it rattled the sh!t out of it. I made it much better by going in and tightening every bolt that I found very well and it really helped it out. I had to repeat this about every two months or so but it did make an improvement.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3503
lol yea i did all that too, but putting the rear seats down amkes it worse cuase i can hear it even more lol

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 229
1 kicker comp 10" and yea folding the seats down sucks :/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us