Ported Box good tune?

Bronze Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 49
What would a good tune for a ported box for 2 12 atlas be. I was going mainly for spl, but also want some sq to actually hear the music. I was thinking 32 htz -35? any suggestions??? I was also wondering since im new to all this if u could tune a ported and sealed box to 30htz what difference in sound would be and if you would hit higher dbs in ported(which i im pretty sure) or if it wouldnt make that much of a difference in a sealed.

Reason im asking questions on boxes is i have evrything set all i need is a box, that hopefully sub can make for me and the install. ANy help would be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1802
You will usually gain a 3 db increase with a ported box over a sealed.
If you are looking for the most db's, something around 45hz would be better.

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 50
I wasnt quite thinking that high. I still want some sq and 45 htz might be a lil much. Im not lloking for the most db's i just had some q's on it. What do u think about 32-35 htz???

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 51
Is 35htz Ported a good frequency that has more spl than sq, but does keep some sq?

allende5
Unregistered guest
Your best bet would be to obtain the specs of your sub and download WinISD. I don't think anyone can really answer your question, unless they knew the details about your sub. With the specs of your sub and WinISD, you can customize your box to be tuned at pretty much whatever frequency you want based on the sub, size of the box, length and diameter of your port. In my latest box, I have my Type-X 10" optimized at around 41Hz. In my previous box, I had it optimized at 32Hz. Now with that sub, the really low frequency bass sound sooooo good....drool. However, it was a the price of the losing bass response in the 70-75Hz range. So, optimized at 41Hz, I getting better overall response.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us