Mtx 9500

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 19
how loud would one 15" mtx thunder 9500 get. is it like the jl w7's as far as 1 sub does as good as 2 or more lesser subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 20
assuming it would get the full rms of 1000 watts in a ported box.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 656
Mtx 9500 is an ok sub. I think it would sound better than the jl sub just because of the fact that i disgust the way W7's sound.(overdamped).But the W7 and the 9500 would proably be close in spl because even though the W7 has more xmax and motor strength. It is a 13.5 inch sub going against a 15".

Bronze Member
Username: Adampit

Post Number: 54
Ive heard a 15" 9500 with MTX 1501D. Sounded like crap. My 12w7 is louder and sounds alot better then the 15" 9500 as well as 2 12" 9500's which my friend later changed his 15" to.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 209
THERS NO WAY IN HELL AN MTX 9500 IS GOING TO SOUND LOUDER than a w7 no matter what the amp or box. Beleive ,already tried it. I,ve owned both of them and thw W7 is a way better sub overall.

Anonymous

Dr. Max...

go to www.realmofexcursion.com

click on "competitions" on the bottom of the left hand list

watch the "battle of bass" in Sacramento, CA.
all the way to the end.

Notice how one guy (Bill Sin) had a 13w7 with TWO JL 1000/1 amps and another guy (John Nolte) had a 15" MTX 9500 with TWO MTX 1501D amps. The 13w7 wasn't even ranked in terms of loudess and the 15" 9500 came in 3rd place for loudness.

So what you think?????

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
anonymous has a point there........

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 331
well if u notice the 9500 is in a snail shell :-)

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 469
Considering if they were both in a snail shell they would be about the same.

Anonymous

yes indeed

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 678
yeh but dr max said no matter what box and what amp.......also just food for thought John Nolte is one of the head engineers of the snail shell enclousre.

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
so essentially, the 15" 9500 CAN get louder than the 13w7.....it is just a matter of putting it in the right hands.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 679
enclosures can make or break the sub. eake the 12" 9500 and the XXX. In regualr ported boxes we all know that the XXX will beat the 9500 in spl and sq. But in snailshell enclousres its proven that the 9500 will get louder than the XXX , but the sq will be better for the XXX but the 9500 will take home the trophy in spl.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 210
.thats right ,enclosures WILL make or break your sub.And ANONYM> like I said I've owened both of them and played around with them with diff amps and enclosures. I currently have 15 diff enclosures sealed and ported for each sub just because I have the time to build enclosure like crazy and I have the SS boxes as well[ for the XXX,9500(15's)and the13W7] and by the way, that 1501D, I think , from my experience, its way overrated, either that or my other amps are underrated.Take a 9500-15 w/a 1501D and replace the amp with an Infinity 1210a and you here the BIG difference.Back on point, on this forum I've noticed that a lot of people tend to hate on Jl bacause they're out of range for most people here.13W7's will get louder and the bass is just impressive, loud and clear.
BASSLOVA> proven by who???? Thats one of my current set ups. As a matter of fact, i replaced my SS box(18"x.x.x.) with a home made 7.5 cube enclosure with dual slot ports tuned to 27 hz. I gotta tell you, Alot better than my SS box. before my 18"x.x.x. I had 2 15's wich I sold one to my brother in law to replace his 13w7 and he chose one of my home made enclosure over the SS that I was giving him.Go figure. I still gave it to him for free.

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 30
The 9500 is a monster. That sub will take wall current for 30+ minutes .. .it's a monster. Cost wise, you can pick up a 9500 a lot cheaper than a JL sub - Check ebay. I've seen 15's new w/ a buy it now price of 499 CDN.
Power them properly with good, clean current and it'll slam.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2526
"enclosures can make or break the sub. eake the 12" 9500 and the XXX. In regualr ported boxes we all know that the XXX will beat the 9500 in spl and sq. But in snailshell enclousres its proven that the 9500 will get louder than the XXX , but the sq will be better for the XXX but the 9500 will take home the trophy in spl.'

Where in god's name are you getting this information? Why would the 9500 have better spl than the xxx just because it's in a snailshell? You do realize that the SnailShell box's aren't super spl boxes, right? For competition, I would rahter use a big ported box than a snailshell.

Honestly, the 9500's aren't as bas as everybody says. Sure, other subs are better, but they also cost more. I'm not saying I love the 9500, and I'd much rather have differenc subs, but don't knock it just because it's an MTX.

"That sub will take wall current for 30+ minutes"

You are kidding me right? Have you ever hooked a speaker up to a wall socket? There is no way the 9500 can take 120 volts for 30 minutes straight.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 682
yes Joe 9500's in snailshells produce more spl than a XXX in a snailshell. theirs just something about the 9500 t/s paramenters that just make it do very well in that enclousre. Check out p4s's site. Its even says it there. Im looking for the thread now.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 211
Andrew> I can get 9500's 15" brand new for 300. And if you can't get a 13w7 for less than 500 bucks then your looking in the wrong places.This is why I have played around with so many amps and subs, because I can get them very cheap. The only subs I have to pay full price for are ones not commonly sold in stores like the x.x.x.,brahams,etc.etc..But I still manage to make up for the the full price i have to pay. I'll just get a 9500 put it in a home made enclosure and sell it for aroun 700 bucks, not kidding.And JOE SMOE is right, mtx are not bad subs, they're just not as good as other subs in the same price range.So there.Basslova> go buy a 9500 in a SS box and I'll get my x.x.x. in a home made ported enclosure,if you get better spl I'll give you my x.x.x/box and pay for your mtx. BTW, I'm still laughing at that wall socket comment Andrew..........

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
Bottom line.....

Is the W7 better than the 9500? YES

Is the 9500 louder than he W7? NO, except in only one instance > that is in a SnailShell.

Although the W7 is a better sub overall, the 9500 stomps all over in SPL in a SnailShell, no matter what enclosure the W7 in. Granted that both are powered properly.

ACCEPT IT! hehe

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 32
"That sub will take wall current for 30+ minutes"

I don't type things just because I can. They plugged a 9500 in at Mobile Dynamics in Richmondhill, Ont. and let it go free-air. It didn't blow. I Wouldn't suggest doing this for yourself, though...But they didn't care.
I was impressed. The 9500 is a beast.

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 39
i know folks who have traded their w7's for 9500's. it just depends on your ear. even paper stats don't really mean much if you listen to it your self. here is the paper stats though:http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/headtohead/w7.cfm

i have another one on my cpu somewhere on a personal test done. will research when i get home.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2550
Alright basslova, I believe you, lol. Atleast you got your info from a reputable source. A friend of mine's getting a 9500 pretty soon (in the next couple weeks), and when I hear one for myself, I'll let you guys know what I think.

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
Joe Smoe,

If the 9500 your friend's gettin is not placed in a SnailShell, you will be laughing at it. :D

If it is, it will absolutey awe you. (At least that's what happend to me and I run an RE MT w/2500 watts RMS)

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3585
baby, you got anything for sale yet??? im looking for an spl sub, or an amp that does 1500-2000 watts rms at 1 ohm

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
Sub,

Still debating bro, on what to do...

I'm not goin anywhere though, when it is time, I'll let ya know. Being deaf is still kinda fun!
:-D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us