Possible new type of radar?

Username: Candywrapper2

Celina, Ohio USA

Post Number: 1
Hello;
First thing is , i live in Celina, Ohio. Yesterday, a friend was driving down the 4 lane highway east of Celina.He encountered a Stationary radar unit designed to show the public thier speed on a display on a red led screen. Here,s the thing. He uses a whislter radar detector, It didnt sound off not a peep.He calls me knowing i have some of the best radar detectors on the market. We go and take my blazer down to this stationary radar and see if my Passport 8500x50 picks it up.Well . the detector didnt sound off .zero warning. I also use a Bel 985 in the Semi. We went and tried it and didnt get no alerts.Even tho the stationary radar gun aquired our speed every time.
Does anybody know what they might be using?What band of radar could it be. Our Radar detectors never detected the source, even tho we were clocked and our speed displayed on the screen
Don

AzRedneck
Unregistered guest
I don't really know, but my girlfriend just got nailed doing 75 in a 55, and her Passport didn't make a sound. This was just North of Canton Ohio. Maybe these damn buckeye's do have something new

Username: Troy307

OH United States

Post Number: 1
Hello, I live near Piqua, Ohio. Just bought a Passport 8500X50 last night at exit #135, the Pilot. I decided to buy the Passport because of all the test I read showed it was the best. I am going to contact Radar Roy and ask him if he knows anything about a new type of radar in Ohio. I'll let ya know what he says. Troy

Username: Coleshill

Stouffville, ON Canada

Post Number: 5
Quite possibly, I have heard something along the lines of european bands being brought to north america, stuff thats never been here before. You need to buy a brand new detector if you dont wanna get caught by it.

OH United States

Post Number: 2
Heard a truck driver today talking about some new type of radar that they were using in Texas.

OH United States

Post Number: 3
Heard a truck driver today talking about some new type of radar that they were using in Texas. I contacted Radar Roy and he said he hadn't heard of any new radar yet.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3513
There is, actually.

quote:

Road-racers looking to avoid radar traps, beware -- your days are numbered. Researchers at the University of Florida have developed software that allows ordinary video cameras to determine a vehicle's speed by recording its progress past fixed objects. The system -- developed using a $5 million grant from the U.S. Air Force -- is similar to those already in use in the U.K. and Australia. Because such systems don't use lasers or other active technology, they can't be foiled by radar detectors.

Lucky, you guys get the new technology ;)

http://www.engadget.com/2005/04/21/new-system-catches-speeders-without-radar-or- lasers/

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 377
can you get tickets from Those stationary radar LED Screens??? Like what is the point of them if they can't give you a ticket for it??? When ever i encounter one, I always speed up so the simulated red and blue lights come on lol. It wouldn't matter even if they could give you a ticket by mailing you one, because I don't have a front license plate...

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3566
Of course you could get a ticket from one, whether you have a front plate or not, the technology is there. The question is: do they do it?

My state must be behind in those things, some have simulated red and blue lights on them? haha wow

Gold Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 1086
you are a moron mike. they arent going to be stupid enough to use just one camera. the redlight systems use three cameras just to prove who you are and what you did. if a state doesnt mandate front plates, they will get your rear plate. are you really that dumb?

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1704
its the KU band from europe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts