6.5" component sets

Bronze Member
Username: Doug_w

Post Number: 42
What is the most natural sounding 6.5" component set? I don't want to make all of the customizations of putting in an 8" woofer and a 3" midrange and a 1.1" tweeter like the Dynaudios. I'm just looking for the best natural sounding 6.5" component sets that would make some punk, 80's rock, and newer rock sound good. Any suggestions and amp suggestions while your at it?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3918
Look into CDT braxials (HD or Eurosport) or Adire Audio Kodas. Some of the best door install speakers you'll get, all will install easily and perform well in a door. Dynaudios don't do as well without a custom install anyway, it takes more work to get them positioned right.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1183
Jonathan im gonna have my Image Dynamic Chamoleon CXS62's installed in the stock door location and try to mount the tweeter in the stock tweeter location of my camry if possible. You think this whould be a good way to go?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Has anyone had any experience wtih the Image Dynamics CXS6's? Are they any good? I have 2 12" IDQ subs that I love so I figured if I got their component set the midbass would blend nicely. The tweeters are soft domed aren't they so that would make it a more natural sounding right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Also which would be a better amp to go with for the CXS6's a Phoenix Gold Xenon X200.2 or a Phoenix Phoenix Gold Xenon X100.2?

SweetRide
Unregistered guest
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1's

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3967
Mo, sorry so long. Skipped over the topic. You can try the stock spots (not sure what year Camry it is, stock locations have changed over the years), worst case scenario is you'd be removing them from those spots and installing the tweet with the mid.

Doug, haven't heard the tweeter, have heard the mid and it is fantastic. Great midbass and midrange performance, very clean and detailed. If the tweeter is up to par with all other ID stuff, then you'll have a great component set on your hands. Mo can tell you about the tweet once he gets his install finished.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1321
97 camry. The stock tweeter is on the door and up close to the dash on the corner and the midrange is by my feet on the side of the door of course. Hope i can get good imaging that way and hope that the tweeters can fit the stock locations.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
MO have you had them installed yet. How do they sound?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1368
not yet doug, I will make a update once i get everything installed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us