Can someone help me with my system setup

Username: Flipxmaxima

Post Number: 1
hey right now im running two solobaric l7 12's from a rockford fosgate 801s 2 channell amp on 8 guage wire in a 97 max. the wires run to my battery where there are 2 8 guage wires connecting my subs and 2 fuses at 40a each now i wanted to change this fuse setup and put a circuit breaker (a fosgate 200a) but my installer is telling me that this will burn out the wires and that i should put 2 circuit breakers one to each wire (which make no sense to me) or upgrade my wires from 8-4 guage and put the circuit breaker in then wut should i do hes charging me 75 dollars for the wires and installation plus another 200 to install the avic n2 in my dash i dont know if i wanna do this and what else can i do to stop blowing fuses cause the subs can handle way more wattage rms than they are getting yet i continue to blow fuses like i own stock in them someone please help

Silver Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 120
how big is the fuse on that amp? If its bigger than 50A you probaly shouldnt have 8 guage wire unless the wire is very short.

Username: Flipxmaxima

Post Number: 2
i have 2 40a fuses

Silver Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 132
look @ this chart, if the wire is longer than 12 feet you need to get a thicker wire. http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/cable_gauge_chart.html

Username: Quientero2000

Charleston, SC Un

Post Number: 1
i got a orion 2250sx i cant need help finding a second 1 and my old 1 is blowing fuses i need help finding a place to fix the old amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us