Comp install

BoSoxwin
Unregistered guest
I was recently given a Mercedes. It's a lot nicer than any car I've ever had. My current car (POntiac Grand Am) has a system in it, but its kind of old stuff that got pretty exposed to the elements in my old Jeep CJ7. I want to put together a nice sounding system in my newfound luxury mobile instead of just a loud one like what I have now. I want to put comp speakers up front, but I have no interest in tearing apart the interior of this car. Are comp installs really invasive? Another question, the headunit in the car is just a tape deck, should I replace that first, will it have a horrendous effect on sq? The speakers are blown, so thats priority one, but is getting nice speakers useless without the HU? Thanks for your help, its nice to be able to ask people questions without thinking they might be trying to rip you off.

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 30
Speakers make the most difference in the audio chain, replacing/upgrading those will make a better difference in the sound quality. Replace the hu with a cd unit, replace the factory speakers with components, their are component sets that allow mounting the tweeter on the midbass driver, a good example would be the cdt braxial component set, they also allow better imaging by allowing you to aim the tweeters, even though they are mounted on the midbass driver. Installing hi fidelity speakers is by no means invasive at all. Just take your time, follow instructions for the replacement of your factory speakers, and your all set. Maybe take a few hours but the rewards will be well worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us