Kenwood cd player

Unregistered guest
I was installing a kenwood KDC-MP4028 into my car it powered up and played a cd. then i was putting it in my dash and it quit working there was no sparks or anything. I think my ground wire touched the metal casing of the cd player and shorted it out.........is this possible????

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 174
Yes, it is possible you may have damaged it. Have you checked the fuses on the back of the kenwood unit itself as well as all of the fuses in the fuse panel of the car?

Username: Cazels

Post Number: 2
Yes, all fuses are good. The cd player powers on now but memory keeps getting erased. I am using a wire harness and all wires are correct according to the manual

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
Have you tried turning the car off and making sure there is still power to the battery constant wire?

Bronze Member
Username: Csfan14

Panama City Beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 20
That happened to me to and i had to run new power wires from the fuse box.

Unregistered guest
I am looking for an online manual for the Kenwood KDC-MP4028 and I am having no luck. Could anyone help me out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Unregistered guest
I have a prob i hope some one can help me with. i bought a Kenwood KDC-217 from a friend with no instructions. Does any one have some sort of diagram to hook that up to a '95 Buick Skylark Custom? I would greatly appreciate a fast response, since i only have about three hours till work.lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 612
Answered it in the wiring diagrams thread.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us