Pioneer DEH-P4700MP vs. Pioneer DEH-P6700MP

Bronze Member
Username: Basketballinu05

Post Number: 61
alright i am going to buy 1 of these two HUs the DEH-P6700MP is 40 more i think or somethin so for the money besides a better display what advantages does it have over the lesser DEH-P4700MP in terms of sound quality and functionability i just have one 15 sub would the DEH-P4700MP get the job done?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 173
It would be the best if you went to www.pioneerelectronics.com and compared the two yourself...but from what I can tell, it looks like the only advantage over the screen is that the p6700 also has built in high and low-pass crossovers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
what is the high and low-pass crossovers used for and will i ever need them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
They are used to cut off frequencies below(high pass) or above(low pass) a certain level. You will only need them if you plan on hooking up a subwoofer and/or a component speaker set.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
i have a sub but is it necessary or just somethin that would help but i wouldnt have to have it to run the subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
It would help...it would cut off higher frequencies that the sub isn't designed to handle, so you would get less distortion and you could turn it up louder.

Username: Csfan14

Panama City Beach, Fl Usa

Post Number: 10
get the 6700 the high pass will help unless you lister to low music or are going to but all new speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us