Surround Repair

Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 5
I have a very small hole in a subwoofer surround. Its more of a cut and none of the foam is missing. What is the best repair for this? Or is there no way around this?

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 17
i just used superglue on mine. hey, it works fine now, just looks ugly.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 34
I've also heard that you could use fiberglass, Putting the wire mesh on both the inside and out and fix it from there. But I've never done it so i don't know how well it works.

Username: Tim_9872

Post Number: 6
I've tried crazyglue on a surround before and it swelled the foam but yeah it did work. Is there some type of silicone that isn't caustic that could work?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1481
clear nail polish.
oddly, that acrylic stuff does wonders to seal surround tears.
I have a small tear in one of my 12" Cerwins that happened in 1991, and the nail polish is still holding just fine.
The sub has survived countless competitions like that, and never made a bit of difference to the performance.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1482
don't use silicone.
that will erode the surround.

Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 4
Clear nail polish is the best solution for this. Actually if you put clear nail polish on your subs before you install them it protects the subs from tearing. If you really need to hold it in place use a mix of super glue and wood glue.

KoveAudioArmageddon
Unregistered guest
i have a JL 15w3 and the surround is completely gone on it, any ideas as how to go about fixing it or is it done for? I'm not really that worried about it seeing as i have two Kove Audio Aramageddon KXP-15s
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us