MO!

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 153
I just order 2 15' damn i cant wait to have them.. What amp should i run them with?

Silver Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 109
what brand

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
2 15' AVA!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1132
For 2 15 Avalanches all you really need is one solid amplifier. Check out the CrossFire VR1000D.

That is what i got for my system and its tested at 1332 watts rms at 12.5 volts !! That is more then 600 rms a piece for each Avalanche 15 which will sound very good and very loud if thats what you want. You can get more info on it from www.crossfirecaraudio.com and buy it at www.woofersetc.com which is where i got mine.

Also you can look into JL 1000/1, Zapco C2K 9.0,
Orion HCCA 275 or the XTR series, PPI PC and PCX series. You can find these most places online and defenitly on ebay for the older stuff like Orion HCCA 265 and XTR amps and PPI PC and PCX but Zapco and JL and CrossFire you can find on www.woofersetc.com

For overall value go with CrossFire VR1000D and it will be more efficiant as its a class D and only pulls 120A at full draw of 1332 rms which you probably wont even use everyday. If you are into competition then get the CrossFire VR2000D which is double and true rms. Just make sure you upgrade your alternator if you go with that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
Let me read about them!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1134
Depends on how much you wanna spend also.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1135
Loc_out here is a link. Recommend you read it

http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0202cae_amp/

Gives you an idea of how good these amps are.

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
men if i could get a good amp for 50 buck i will be happy but i know i have to spend about 600 or even more for a good amp.

Username: Basshd

Post Number: 1
Do not buy zapco from woofers etc.. the serial numbers are sometimes altered. Not only that zapco will not honor any warranty if you purchase from woofersetc here is why, this is from Bob at zapco had to say,

BUYER BEWARE: It has come to our attention again that a company known as Woofers etc. is selling Zapco products on the Internet. We emphatically say Woofers etc. is not an authorized Zapco dealer. Also, we don't exactly know how it's happening but amplifiers bought from this company and sent to us for repair have lost their original Zapco serial numbers, even the serial numbers we carefully hide inside each unit. This removal or defacement of the official Zapco serial number voids Zapco's product warranty completely and borders on legally questionable action. We once again warn all of you out there to make absolutely certain you are buying a fully warrantable Zapco product by asking to see the original ARPA of America Warranty Registration Card originally shipped with the unit (a serial number is always affixed to this card) or ask for the actual serial number and call us to verify its authenticity. Tampered products hurt you and damage the reputation you've come to expect from Zapco products. Beware and check for an original Zapco serial number every time you buy Zapco.
Robert Rugani
Sales and Tech support
Director of Show car Design
ZAPCO

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
Its going to be hard picking an amp! what are some 800rms amp?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2903
Depending on your budget, Orion XTR/JBL/MTX/Audiobahn might be it. A8000T is probably the cheapest amongst the list.
For power, Orion XTR (1400 sold for $250 before) is the best for the money then JBL. MTX seem to be a little higher in cost.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1138
Your best bet is finding a old school amp on ebay that actually meets what it claims wattage wise. Go for the Orion or PPI on ebay.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1139
I bought a CrossFire VR1000D from www.woofersetc.com and it had the serial # and everything included just like it whould from a manufacturer. If i get it installed by a CrossFire dealer then i get 3 years warranty and if i do it myself it is covered for 1 year. So i didnt have any problems with Serial #'s missing and all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1140
I paid $449.99 plus $19.99 shipping for the crossfire VR1000D amp. Highly recommend it as its so underated and isnt really discussed much on forums.

here is a good article on his and the zapco and 2 others in its class.

http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0202cae_amp/

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
$449.99 plus $19.99 shipping that good will it be able to push both AVA?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1143
Guarantee you it will... It will be so loud it will hurt your ears. You going sealed or ported??

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
I have too go sealed cuz i dont know how to do a ported!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1144
You are building the box? YOu like ported or sealed?

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
Nah i wont be builing the box. I know that ported will be louder and thats what i want but i dont know if i cant trust some in build a box for me!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1145
Ok done deal.. here is where you need to go cause they built me a amazing box for my JL 12 ported.

www.woodlawncabinetry.com / i whould call and talk to the owner who does everything there named Phil.

They offer the best price anywhere. You can even talk him to giving you a better price. You can tell him MO sent you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
How much did you pay?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1147
I paid $125 for a ported box for a JL 12W6v2 plus $25 shipping and i live in MD.

My guess whould be that you will pay around $250-$300 or so. I whould call and find out right now. See if he can work a deal with you. Mention i sent you. Say MO passed the good word out. Im sure he will help you. He is a fair guy and does the job right.

P.S. If go ported it will be SICK!!!!!!! BASS

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
sick bass, that not what i am looking for. I want bass that make my ear bleed......

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2906
Mike Tyson can help you there. He specializes in making ears bleed!

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
How big should i make my box?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1152
Go with 3.5 cubic ft. tuned to 24hz since you want alot of BASS.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1155
I whould personally go 3.5 tuned to 22hz which is alot for me for a everyday driver.

Based on what experienced users like James Longo, im gonna have my Avalanche 15 sealed at around 2.2 to 2.5 cubic feet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
i may just go sealed!after all i want some sq.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2367
It'll definitely be the easiest.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
yep what size should i make the box? its going into a denali?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2369
Just go about 2.5 cubes. Don't worry about wood thickness and speaker displacement, it doesn't matter if the final volume is a little less than 2.5. Anywhere from 2 - 2.5 would work fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
Thanks joe I will take pic's and post them as soon as get everything install..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1161
Yeah definetly do that. good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us