Box help, please

Bronze Member
Username: Kitkatt

Post Number: 24
ok, i finally decided on a sub (really this time) i'm going to get an ID MAX 12 because i can go with a slightly smaller box size. it'll be getting 800 wrms at 2 ohms.

they recommend a 1.8-2.5 cu ft box vented @ 28 Hz. can anyone suggest dimensions and port size to achieve this? does it matter if the box is longer rather than deeper if I achieve same total volume? (as long as I can fit depth of sub, of course). if i want a slot-ported box, does the depth of the "port" or piece between port and sub matter, or do you just measure the port height and width? want good sql

Bronze Member
Username: Lotus

Omaha, Nebraska

Post Number: 39
will you be building it?

Username: Mr_wiglz

ManchesterEngland

Post Number: 9
okay, I think you need 10sq inches of port area per cuft of volume, try downloading a programme such as winisd or bass box pro, this will design a box specifically for your sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
yes

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
yes was for building...

so the length and width of port don't matter as long as total area works out? i'll try program, but thanks

any other advice????

Username: Ryan418

Crystal City, Virginia USA

Post Number: 1
Bonnie,

I have found that every aspect/change made to a speaker box/sub box will affect the sound produced. I would highly recommend using the manufactures specs to build your box. Better manufacturers will provide the specs for both ported and non-ported enclosures.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us