$800 for entire system

Bronze Member
Username: Sx3

Post Number: 66
I was wondering what would be a good system for about $800. I want alot of spl but a good amount of sq as well. Any Sugestions?

The Walrus
Unregistered guest
are you talking HU too? or just the subs/amp/box/kit??

if its just the subs/amp/box/kit i would get some 12 or 15" avalanche's from Ascent Audio for subs for sure but the amp i dont know i know that for 2 you'll have about 1600w rms so its going to be a costly amp(wired at 2ohms) but as far as the box n amp kit you can't get to messed up unless you go to walmart and get it or somthing

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2270
I'd stick to one sub and amp with 800 bucks. But yeah, we need to know what all you want. Does your system include a head-unit, components, amp for components, subwoofer, amp for subwoofer, an enclosure for the sub...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Yeah its for the head unit, amp, sub(s), and enclosure.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2273
Ok, that's kinda what I thought. I would first set aside about $220 for the headunit, 30 bucks for wiring, and 50 bucks for an enclosure. Now you have $500 for a sub and an amp, which gives you a lot of options.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
Yeah thats true. What would you get if you were buying subs and an amp for $500?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2276
Good question, lol. Let me think about it for a little while.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1403
INCRIMINATOR AUDIO lethal injection and a 250 hcca

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Where do I get that at? lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2279
Eclipse Aluminum SW8122DVC, Xtant 6.1 amp. The Eclipse 8000 series are older and all over ebay for good prices. You can get the Xtant off ebay as well. Amp is like twice as much as the sub, but I thought I'd try something different. I'm sick of Ascendant Audio.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1406
www.soundillusions.net

or www.visionaryaudio.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Aright thanks, that question was actually for my friend but off the subject, what do u think I should power my 2 15" Atlas' with?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2811
Hey Jow how can you be sick of Ascendant audio when you have never even heard them? I admit they have been talked about a ton and mostly by people who dont even own one but dont be sick of them man especially at the price they can be had for they are a top notch run company, and make great products.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2292
First d@mmit, my name isn't Jow, that's the last time I'm gonna tell you...

Secondly, I just wrote a long @ss post the other day about how this forum gets pretty lame at times because of all the dumb advice that fly's around, and the fads the forum seems to go through. James, don't get me wrong, I still like Ascendant, and yes I still plan on getting an Avalanche, but my god. I think I read the words Ascendant, Atlas, and Avalanche about 2 million times today. Nobody ever tries to think of other subs that might actually work better, or may fit what the person actually wants. All most people see is, "I have $*** to spend, what should I get", and they automatically shout out "Ascendant Audio." I remember quite a while ago when somebody on here got sick of hearing about RE and Adire. I can't remember who it was, but they had the same arguement as me.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2815
I hear ya man believe me I do I am the same way thats why I said most of these people throwing around AA dont own one and have never heard them. Personally I have told this to a few people before that I dont like to recomend somewthing unless I have tried it out or heard it first hand. There is a lot of he said she said bull Sh!t that goes on around here and it is pretty funny but I just dont read those posts anymore.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2298
Yep. This forum was pretty g@y for a while. I didn't even bother checking for about a week.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us