Choosing Front door speakers

Marshall110
Unregistered guest
I got an extended cab truck and now I need to replace the stock speakers. I got a pair of 12's in the back, so I was thinking wouldn't all the bass cancel out my rear speakers? So I was planning on spending maybe about $150 on some door speakers. What are some brands that make good sounding speakers at that price?

Bronze Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 88
correct me if I'm wrong anyone but judging on what alot of other people have told me the infinity kappa components are pretty good for about that price on ebay. Also if you can afford a little bit more (around 220 shipped) you can get the infinity kappa perfect components which are very good although some may find the tweeters a little bright. I almost bought them myself but found a really good deal on a set of A/D/S 236is's so i got those. Also in that price range I think are the CDT classics which are supposed to be very good to. Those will be a little more neutral and warm sounding then the perfects which will be a little brighter in the highs. It depends on the type of music you listen to as well.The general consenseus is that you should spend more on your front speakers then on your rear ones since that is where you want your soundstage to be (unless you want a little rear fill in which case you just want a good midrange only for your rears). As far as the 12's cancelling out your rear speakers I dont know about that but I would think so in your case. Hope this helps a little :-)

Marshall110
Unregistered guest
I listen to about everything but country. Most rap and hard rock. So I would need something that sounds good with every type of music. I've never bought anything from ebay before so Im not sure that I could trust it. I would feel more comfortable buying directly from the dealer. So if anyone could show me the links to the website. I would appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 152
www.woofersetc.com

Marshall110
Unregistered guest
Would the lowest level of JL Audio Still be decent?

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 122
Go with some CDT's like Aaron suggested....the CL-62's can be had for about $200 on Ebay (look for an Ebay dealer that has lots of sales and a very high satisfaction rate and you'll be fine...I buy most of my audio stuff on Ebay).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us