Whats the difference between a component speaker and a regular one?

Bronze Member
Username: Theceo

Post Number: 19
whats the difference between component speakers and regular ones, and ive also heard that its only makes sense to replace the front speakers, is this true? my car has 3 sets of speakers, in the front, middle, and then in the back on top of the back seats, should i replace the front speakers and the ones in the back?

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 125
The difference is that in a component speaker the woofer & tweeter are separate and have a separate crossover (not all mounted together)...component speakers sound much better than regular ones.

If you're not planning on running any amps then I would stick to replacing your speakers with regualr ones and not components.

What kind of automobile do you have? In most cases you could get away with just replacing the front & rears.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 541
The way I see it is that if you don't plan on investing major amounts of time on insstalling your system just get coaxials as they will improve the overall sound quality in the vehicle. If you are willing to spend more time and money on your system then get comps. Either way you will be happier with them over your stock speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
i got a 99 protege, i wouldnt mind waiting a bit to get the better the comp speakers but my job suscks n the pay sucks too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
so if i just replace the front speakers and the speakers on the back deck of my car and not the ones on the back door, will it sound ok?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 553
With that small a car just replace the fronts. If you want more sound from the back, then get some rear deck speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us