Alpine Problems... Are they not shipping the newer models?

Username: Dpnaugle

Post Number: 5
I bought the CDA 9851 Saturday in Berkeley CA. I have been talking with a shop in Palo Alto CA that said they were back ordered on that unit for weeks that Alpine is not shipping anything right now. Well today I told the guy in PA that I got it in Berkeley and he mentioned to me that the CDA models 9855, 9853, 9851 released in January were all recalled in Febuary for some unexplained reason. He also said that he believes the problem, whatever it is has been fixed and if I got a unit that was shipped after feb I should be fine. Well I DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING, but that story along with what I am reading here has me a bit worried. Maybe I will look at returning the 9851 and exchange it for say the 9831 or 33 ???

Has anyone heard this??
Add Your Message Here

SQ_MAN
Unregistered guest
Yeah, there is some serious bugs that alpine needs to work out in their 2005 line up of decks. Every person that buys one off me says they love it but they return it in a few weeks because the faceplate does not work or the CD gets stuck or the volume is unusually distorted. I think alpine has some explaining to do. Their 2004 line up was better.

SQ_MAN
Unregistered guest
Yeah, there is some serious bugs that alpine needs to work out in their 2005 line up of decks. Every person that buys one off me says they love it but they return it in a few weeks because the faceplate does not work or the CD gets stuck or the volume is unusually distorted. I think alpine has some explaining to do. Their 2004 line up was better.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 173
Glad I didn't upgrade my 9831 to a 2005 model (the sirius radio display sucks in the 2004's)...I think I may be going to try something from Panasonic's top line next

Username: Dpnaugle

Post Number: 7
I have had my CDA 9851 for a few weeks now and I am very happy.NO problems. Alpines problems seem to be related to the glidetouch HU's. I called Alpine and talked with a Service tech. He admitted that there were some problems with the glidetouch units but he had not heard of any problems with the non glidetouch units. Hopfully I wont have any problems with my 9851. I love it.

2005 Civic Hybrid
Alpine CDA 9851
MB Quart DSE 216 (front)
Alpine 170A (rear)
1- Alpine Type-S 1042D @ 2 ohm in a bandpass
Alpine M350-mono (to sub)
Alpine F345 4/3/2 (to front/rear)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us