Quick wire/fuse question

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 323
okay right now i have a 4ga wire going back to my 300/4 amp... i have a 150A anl fuse. i want to add another 4 ga wire back because i am adding a 1000/1. will it matter if i run the other wire through a separate fuse or does it all need to be through the same fuse? please help me out real quick thanks!

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 333
any1?

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 341
could some1 help me out?

do i have to run one zero ga fuse?

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 342
i just read that the 1000/1 has a 4ga power and ground wire and needs a 100 amp fuse and the 300\4 needs the same wire with a 40 amp fue... being that i have 4 guage power and ground and a 150A anl fuse i think i should be okay without any wire upgrades except to the alternator and ground from battery... any1 disagree?

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 22
I would upgrade you main run to at least 2 gauge and fuse the main run at 150 amps, and fuse individually at the recomended fuse size. 4 gauge is good for up to 133 amps(and that is for a short run at that). 4 gauge would be adequate if you only used one of your amplifiers, but not both.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 358
darn it lol... well what if i ran a 2nd 4 ga wire back with its own fuse next to the battery? because the fuse holder im using now only holds 4 ga and it is like 90 dollars and i like it lol
and when i get back i;ll just run one wire to the 300/4 and one to the 1000/1 ... will this work fine?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us