New to the scene

Username: Avs

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone, Ive been reading your threads for a few days now and Im very interested in getting a sweet system for my car. Problem is, I dont know what anyone is talking about and I really dont know the first thing about buying/installing good hardware. Can anyone point me in the direction of a beginners area or something like that where I can read up on this sort of thing?

Also, because I know I will be buying in the next few weeks, how about a system recommendation for a 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis? I need everything (speakers, amp, subs, head, etc) Ive got a ton of room in the trunk and Im looking to spend up to $1500. Im looking for HUGE bass and decent quality. I appreciate all of your help!

Respectfully,
Tony

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 324
if i werent so tired id get really into this and find everything and tell you how much each thing costs and where to find it but i can atleast tell u a site that you can learn a lot from.

www.bcae1.com

but something i can tell u to do is take advantage of ascendant audio's sale!

12 atlas 100$ 15 atlas 105$ 12 avalanche 200$ 15 avalanche 225$

www.ascendantaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2224
$1500 bucks is gonna give you a lottttt of options. I'm too lazy to build you a system too, and there's so many options that it's impossible for us to tell you what to get, your gonna need to pick some things out yourself.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 327
okay i;ll help a little...lol this is what id do ... (2) 12 inch atlas's for $200 www.ascendantaudio.com
zapco 500.1 amp from www.woofersetc.com 380$
zapco 360.4 from same place 430$
(2) infinity reference component sets 85$ each on ebay

thats 1180$ im not going to reccomend a head unit because i feel those are chosen by preference... go to a shop and play around with some.... alpine clarion pioneer premier are a few one to pay attention too though...

but that right there will be a very high quality system that should never give you any problems and will sounds great too

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2226
Aww man, I'd go bigger than 2 Atlas's and a Zapco 500.1. He's got $1500, lol, spend the money.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 329
that is the money lol... i left him 420 for a HU, shippoing, and wiring lol... he;ll prolly go over the 1500 a lil bit

i got highs, and amp, a HU, EQ, and a avalanche and i already spent almost 2000 and i dont have an amp yet for my avalanche lol

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 330
what sub and amp combo would you reccomend though? i was going to say a 12 ava with a zapco 750.2 but that was too much.... maybe because im obsessed with really high quality amps lol... i think i will only ever buy zapco, JL slash, and maybe xtant or us amps or something

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2228
Yeah, I guess 1500 bucks can go pretty fast when your buying everything. I really don't wanna suggest amp and sub combo's, because anything I'd say would cost way too much. I hate giving suggestions on combos anways, there's way too much to pick from.

I hear ya on the amps though. I got an Orion HCCA 250 G5.1 sitting in my room. One of the last US made Orion amps. Took forever to find. I'm planning on running an Avalanche 15" with it, but I'm afraid now that I won't have the money in time to buy one. I'm now thinking about an ID MAX or a Sound Splinter 15". Too hard to choose right now though.

Anways, I guess for subs and an amp for Tony, I'd suggest a single 15 or 18 since he said he's got a ton of trunk room and wants "HUGE bass." Rather have an 18 than two 12's.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 331
good point... i heard an 18 ava gets so low even chad thinks his heads going to explode lol

i was looking into those oldschool orion amps too but i could only find factory renewed and i was afraid to buy them

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2229
Yep, I know. Only good ones on ebay are refurbs, and new ones are like 700 bucks off internet sites. I got mine in perfect condition from a private seller.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2230
I was thinking about getting an Avalanche 18" because of the price drop, but I'd never fit a big enough box in my trunk, and I don't plan on doing comps, so it'll be way louder than I'll ever need. James says his 15" makes is ears hurt after a very short time, and he is comparing his to a 15" Brahma, which he was running before off the same amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 30
Joe, so avalanche better than Adire then? Or is it just louder or what?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2246
James said, TO HIM, the Avalanche performed well with the 600 wrms that he was running to it. You gotta remember, that meens he was also running 600 wrms to the Brahma. He said the Brahma can of course get louder than the Avalanche, with more wattage running to it. He didn't say either was better, just that the Avalanche worked best with the lower wattage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us