L7's

Bronze Member
Username: Dropthedeuce06

Post Number: 32
im guna get 2 12inch L7's and put them in a ported box. wondering how loud they could get and the best amp to run with them? thanks

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 108
How loud they can get? All depends on placement of subs, sub box size, vehicle, Setup, Hz, Deck, amp , wiring. they all affect the performance of the subs. L7's are ok. Personally i dont like em. Ive seen over 20 get blown. If you are stuck on em get a matching kicker amp. Why not keep 1 brand.

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 89
the l7's will get very loud but have very bad sq as for a amp i need to know what is the voice coil configeration{like dual 2ohm/ dual 4ohm}

Unregistered guest
I was gona try and put 2 12" L7's under the back seat of my 1997 chevy 1500. I was wndering if that would be enough air space in the back for them to sound good?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1932
i wouldnt do the l7 12s they need airspace and under the seat isnt gonna do it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1933
kevin if you want good 50 hz punch and some really good low end do 3.00 cf net each sub and tune the port to 34 hz if you want a good punch around 55 hz and better upper end bass do 2.00 cf. net each sub and port to 34 hz

Unregistered guest
Should i even try and put 10" in it.Or i might just take out my backseat.Who needs it any way, huh?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1941
you can do the 10 and just go with something that requires a small enclosure marshall can direct you there i think he has the same truck you do

Username: Quorum

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 5
i see your interest in the l7 and thought i'd give some personal experience on them. i had 2 in a ported box in the back of a 2 door tahoe. although they did have their moments i wasn't happy with the overall quality of the speaker. they would easily over heat and pop if pushed too hard. fortunatly they were stolen and i was enlightened by the jl w7 line of subwoofers. if it were me i'd run 2 8s or 2 10s.

Unregistered guest
I might go with the tens but i have been reading some stuff about the L7s and from what i have picked up they are over rated.I mean yeah i know they do and will hit hard.Ive heard them.But they say that they mess up fast and they have more downs than ups
Thanks yall

Silver Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 115
WASTE OF TIME TO GET ANY THING UNDER A KICKER 15 IT IS PURE IGNORANCE ANYONE WHO HAD THE KICKER SQUARE 8'S 10'S 0R 12'S DONT HAVE THEM ANYMORE BECUAE THEY BLEW UP

Gold Member

Post Number: 1955
actully ive heard the 10s hold up pretty good but i wanna try a 12 l7
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us