Amp for 12" Eclipse SW6123.4

Bronze Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 16
I just bought an Eclipse SW6123.4, and I have a crappy 600watt Legacy hooked to it. It's in a slotted box, and the peak power is 500watts. It sounds alright, but I'd like more out of it. I hooked my friends 1000watt Pyramid up to it, and it hit d@mn hard. Any ideas on a good amp? I don't want anything too expensive...

Also, how do I tell when I'm overdriving my sub? It gets a little warm on the magnet, but isn't that normal? Thanks!!!

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 106
Pyramid,Legacy,Pyle,Boss, all junk amps. You wont get more than 200 rms outs even the 1800 watt legacy. I suggest a jl audio 250/1. Right on the rms of 250 on the sub. I run 2 Eclipse SW9122 and they hit beyoine belief.

Bronze Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 17
So I'm assuming you've done tests to these amps? Why would they advertise it at that wattage? I've seen tests on both Legacy and Pyramid with a signal generator, and they were just below what they were advertised at. A 2 channel 1000 watt Pyramid tested out at about 950+ watts, and my Legacy 600 watt tested out at about 560 watts. That IS peak, but RMS was close to spec too. This was all with a 2 ohm load, what the amps were advertised at. I've seen tests, but believe what you want...

I asked, because a most amps power ratings are at 2ohm stable. This is a 4 ohm sub. So that means, a 1000 watt peak to one channel, at 2 ohms, would be approx 500 watt peak to a 4 ohm load.

I don't want to start a heated discussion, I'm just telling the story from my side of the fence. Thank you for your input.

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 112
My answer is how can u possibly get 1500 watts say from only a 60 amp fuse? They dont register out to what they say. Why do you think these amps are disrespected everywhere and sold at a vast majority of flea markets. Point being.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us