Hey Jonathan, one more comp question.....

Bronze Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 69
In another thread you recomended the Infinity kappa perfects to me for the style of music I listen to, I.E metal, classic rock, electronica, alternative, movie soundtracks and celtic/world music (I like Irish drinking songs heh)so I was thinking I would get them but I hear A/D/S is a good brand too and I can get a set of 236is's for $160 @ http://www.mainstreet-audio.com/ADS/ADS_speakers.shtml . How do they compare with the perfects? I want good midbass and spatial highs. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3889
The Perfects are brighter, which tends to bring out detail in music like that, but remember your install takes play. The tweeter is strong and works best when installed close to the midbass, if you do tweet in pillars you won't get the best results and the tweeter will be piercing. The A/D/S sets are softer and more natural, if you want a smoother sound that emphasizes the mid more, they're great sets.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
I have q-logic kick panels that i am using for the front so thats where I'll mount the mids/highs . How is the bass response on that a/d/s set? As good or better then the perfects? Thanks for your help , I know it can get tiring answering the same questions to different peeps all the time.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3892
Better, just a little stronger plus the fact that the tweeter is softer, so the midbass driver has more emphasis.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
thanks for your reply , I just purchased the A/D/S 236is set :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us