Kenwood KVT-815 DVD problems

Username: Djnotion

Montoursville, PA U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
I recently bought a Kenwood KVT-815DVD headunit for my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Basically this is the problem I am having... The radio will come out of all four speakers but nothing else will. I checked the zones and they are set up correctly for everything. However, CD is not listed in the SRC menu. The two spots that should say CD and allow you to get in them are blank. I can get an audio CD to play on the DVD option but only out of two speakers. Again, the zones are set up correctly. Is it possible that I don't have something plugged in or wired? There is an orange plug coming from the back of the headunit but I have nothing going into it because there was nothing in the box to connect to it. Would it have anything to do with the fact that I had a cd changer before that I did not hook back up to the new headunit? I am beyond frustrated with this situation because I expect a $2,000 headunit to work flawlessly and it hasn't worked right since day one. Kenwood is insisting that it can be fixed within the touch controls without taking the headunit out and that it is a zone problem. PLEASE HELP!!!

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 218
i have the 915, but i'd imagine they are about the same thing.

sounds like you need to turn the zones off.

have you tried resetting the unit?

Unregistered guest
i had the same problem, switch the Blue and Blue/White wires(connect the blue/white to the radio harness instead of the blue) it's the power control wire.

good luck!

Unregistered guest
I have had my kvt-815dvd head unit for a while now. It's been workin fine until today. All of a sudden it wont let me do anything. I can't control the volume switch songs change sources nothing. I tried using the buttons the remote and the screen. Nothing worked. It will only play the cd that I had in it. It took me a while but I finally was able to convince it to eject it. I dont know how I did but I did. I tried unpluggin the battery and disconnecting it from the control unit. Nothin changed. What can I do to fix it? Or is it fucked for good?

Unregistered guest
does any one know of a way to change av out from ntsc to pal on kvt 815 thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us